Baofeng DM-X DMR

you cant send executable files through gmail.
i can send the dump, but not the cps.
google blocks them as a “security risk” - i’v had enough files bounce to not waste time with google again!

Yeah, just the dump would be fine, I keep mistaking CPS for the codeplu, I already have that software. Thanks!

@stj Hi, if it is possible, could you check if the fimware file you have dumped is different from the one I uploaded earlier to Google drive and linked here (sha1sum of fw_V02.02.023.bin is 9addba0713aa492f79244c96ba7778b7b66301db)?

@GraFfiX Just a reminder, if you want to flash the dump from stj through CPS, you have to use the old 1.0.66 one for flashing.

it is the same checksum. :slight_smile:
so your missing the critical bit - CPS v79

Hello
pm_czJunior Member

your version could not be downloaded
update link please

I don’t know what you are doing wrong or if there is some geoblocation in effect, but the link mentioned earlier, i.e. FW V02.02.023 works, I have just checked from anonymous browser mode (you cannot preview, but if you click on download, it works)

Hi , guy’s ,

it’s my first post here , I’d like to know if someone play with the DM-1706 who is the original baofeng model
I purchase an CH6-DMR who is the canadian version , but I’m not able to communicate with the radio via usb cable.

I can’t download the app that it’s normaly used for this radio and there is no info on baofeng website :slight_smile:

(Links Removed - Please read Forum Rules)

the shop don’t answer to my email…

I test all the 1702 app on this post and other one found in another place but the only thing I can do is to whrite the RTC clock on it (w10 printer driver are ok)
When I try to read the radio data or trying a firmware update I can do nothing , it can’t find the radio ID.

Is anyone has any information on this new model who look to be the same than the dm-1702
firmware version is L05.01.001 cps ver.

Thanks in advance

Try the Retevis RT-72 CPS software, somebody said here in the forum they had success with it. Also, if you can use Linux and Python, you may try my command line tools to check if it communicates (but I have no idea as I have not seen this firmware - if you were able to dump it from the radio using my tools, it might be interesting for others as well)

yess I can read the data , thank you so much…!

Need to find a custom firmware and try to dump the soft if I find the way , need to study your soft and try on ubuntu.

firmware version after download with RT72 is DM-1706-V2.1

There is no custom firmware I am aware of, since the structure of data and firmware is significantly different from those which were on old devices.

If you whish to dump the firmware on Ubuntu, do following (I suppose you have git installed, if not install it with sudo apt install git):

git clone https://github.com/OK2MOP/MD1702-tools
cd MD1702-tools
sudo apt install python3-usb python3-pil python3-dateutil # or install them by pip3 instead
# Connect the radio and turn it on now
./linux_remove_usblp.sh # This will unload the USB driver holding the radio itself
#(has to be repeated each time radio reboots if you do not install the udev scripts, see in README.md)
python3 ./md1702_dfu.py versions #This will list the radio information+check communication, device may reboot
./linux_remove_usblp.sh
python3 ./md1702_dfu.py readfw firmware.bin

If the device gets stuck in USB mode, you can either remove the battery, or run ./md1702_dfu.py reboot

Hi. I purchased this DM-X (1702B) model and I have it for a few months.
I noticed some strange behavior about the display when the LED backlight is off but the screen is not turned off and still showing working in the background only backlight is off.
I found some settings in DM software for battery saving (1:1 1:4 etc) what they mean for 1:4?

If it is the same like in analog radios, it means how long the radio part stays awake listening and how long it sleeps during periods without activity, but i don’t think it influences the display (e.g. 1:4 could be it sleeps 75% of the time).

Regarding the display, the LCD consumption compared to backlight/radio part is probably not significant and it is easier to keep it on (RT3s behaves the same way)

1 Like

I noticed this accidentally using a flashlight

Greetings to all.
How can I skip the active frequency - interference - etc. in VFO analog scanning mode. Is this even possible? Thanks for every idea.

I bought a DM-X about a month ago. It looks like I have latest firmware version v02.02.023. So it has GPS that works and it has a APRS menu. But the MD software really has no options to program APRS. So why does this radio have GPS when you can’t do anything with it? I am hoping that they come out with new firmware and support it. Anybody know anything?

Hi Alan.
GPS is used both for APRS, but is a digital APRS, and for displaying the number of satellites, location and altitude and time. When the APRS is set up correctly, you will appear on the APRS site.
Would you share a picture on the APRS software menu. Maybe it differs in the new version.
LZ1INP, 73!

2 Likes

what cps version are you using?
you should be using 79

At present, the version of CPS program in China is 79

1 Like

CPS is my programing software correct?

The 1.0.66 version of CPS is missing some APRS settings which were included in later firmwares. This being said, I was able to send GPS data event when using this version. If you still have trouble (and it is not an issue of your repeater, which can be checked e.g. by the WX SMS), you may follow guide in post #249

1 Like