Baofeng DM-X DMR

Hola, espero todos se encuentren muy bien. desde esta pagina ( https://baofengdmx.javi.fr/ ) estuve revisando para poder actualizar el firmware de una portátil Baofeng DM-1702, la cosa es que seguí todos los pasos y al terminar, tenia que apagar y encender el equipo para ver si quedo realmente bien. el problema es que este nunca volvió a encender. quisiera saber si alguien de Uds. sabe como poder recuperar mi equipo ya que al no prender ni es reconocible para el PC. de ante manos muchas gracias, espero poder recuperar mi equipo

Nothing is lost if you have flashed wrong, but compatible, firmware, look for the firmware files in this thread and flash them instead following the instructions. Just make sure you have used correct CPS version. You have probably used encrypted firmware with 1.0.66 CPS or unencrypted firmware with 1.0.78/1.0.79 CPS which renders the device unable to boot (but the flashing mode still works).

A continuación, el traductor de Google al español, si no puede comunicarse en inglés:
No se pierde nada si ha flasheado el firmware incorrecto, pero compatible, busque los archivos de firmware en este hilo y actualícelos siguiendo las instrucciones. Solo asegúrese de haber utilizado la versión correcta de CPS. Probablemente haya utilizado firmware encriptado con 1.0.66 CPS o firmware no encriptado con 1.0.78 / 1.0.79 CPS que hace que el dispositivo no pueda arrancar (pero el modo de flasheo aún funciona).

Where can I find 1.0.79 CPS . I have 78 right now… Thanks!

Together with other files on my GDrive, I got it from @stj, but I did not find any significant change from 1.0.78 and the language default is Chinese (including the installer).

1 Like

Please note that I got a report that somebody bricked a MD-1702 L05.00.05 device when trying to write CPS/firmware with my tool mentioned in this thread. As I don’t have access to a device with such firmware nor the firmware itself, I cannot check what changed in it or if it was one-time thing. So don’t use the tool with this firmware.

I have bought a DM-X (Firmware L05.01.005) and was not able to flash or program it with any of your solutions. A Wireshark capture identified it as MD1706-V2 md1706-v2 aka Baofeng CH-6DMR. With the software which is offered along the website I was able to read the radio.

4 Likes

I have just purchased one of these radios But underneath the battery mine says DM 760. But my firmware version is The same as the one you have specified above And none of the above options Or CPS softwares Will work. Did the software for the model you specified Actually work?

Hello @Dean_Allen,
yes the Software worked for my DM-X Radio. I was able to read an write. Of course the DM-X I have is not exactly the MD1706 / CH-6 because my DM-X does not have a flashlight like the DM1706. Maybe the could be other points which are different, but for a basic configuration like I did it worked.

You can download Wireshark and install it with the USB-listening option. After restarting your PC try to read the radio by a CPS software. The radio gives an answer with the version it has like I posted it above.

Mine is the same no flashlight . I ended up downloading that CPS software and it did work thank you very much for your previous post!!! the only problem I have now is I accidentally forgot to save my previous settings and now the radio is locked to the amateur side of the bands only. so I have to attempt to figure that out. I am a licensed amateur but I like to have other things in there for monitoring and just in case… if anybody has an idea on how to open the frequency limits it would be greatly appreciated if not I did notice in one of the .binni files it’s specified the frequency limits I might try to change them in there and restart the CPS

!!!!update!!!!  

I tryed to edit the file and when i read the radio the cps shows the right range but when i try to input the new freq it still wont let me go out of the ham bands. i used hex edit and got the code for the test menu and that shows it right. at this point im lost and over my head any help would be great

can you be more specific about this test menu?
i’m not sure i’v seen it.

With the software I downloaded in the upper left there is a tab that says program in that list there is read and write then there is a embedded messages menu that I cannot get into a test menu and a online test menu and then the firmware upgrade tab but all I’m trying to do is open up the frequency range which originally I had

This software is also for the DM 1706 as listed above by @mxd84

Dean - I have a 760 and cannot get any of the software to work with it - Which CPS did you find read your 760? If you have a link for it, that would really help me make sure it’s not me using the wrong one!

Hello . How can I program a walkie-talkie to have an extended frequency range? I have been following the topic for a long time and no one has shared how this happens. Which firmware can you use, do you need other software …

Hello,

I’m trying to program my 1702, I’ve gone through all the cps suggestions, firmware etc. With no success. The problem I’m having is it staying connected. It goes to “PC Program USB Mode” and then the radio resets and CPS says read data failed. Please help this is very frustrating, I’ve tried many of things suggested in this thread including different firmware & cps versions, it will not connect properly at all.

I have a customer with exactly the same issue - they program on my computer in the office, but he’s tried 4 computers using the same software I sent him - so he’s sending it back - his resets exactly the same as described above. Really silly! P

@paulears if you go into your Google search bar or Google or your search engine of choice look up baofeng DM 1706 you will find a website that looks something like baofengradio. CA. And under their downloads they do have a CPS that will get the job done the back of my radio says dm-760 as well and that was the only software that made it happen but now my frequencies are limited and I’m trying to figure out how to change it around

1 Like

I will give it a blast as soon as I’m in the office. Thanks for the tip. P

I tried - and found the baofengradio.ca site but no 1706, and the website won’t let me download anything - says the website needs waking up? How odd

What is going to happen if Embedded box checked?