Baofeng DM-X DMR

OK, I have the APRS GPS working with -V1, but there are a few ifs and maybes, so your mileage may vary:

• I have it working on 2.2.22, which is not available for -V2 (maybe not necessary, and 2.2.19 FW is enough)
  • I have used “healed” 1.0.78 CPS to set APRS setting in Parameter menu (also it might not be necessary if GPS setting works directly, not tested fully at that time)
  • I had set the Brand setting to “Chinese radio” in my Brandmeister Selfcare Settings https://brandmeister.network/?page=selfcare (necessary)
  • The target is set correctly. i.e. XXX999 where XXX is generally your DMR country prefix (first 3 digits of your DMR ID), if your country has a Brandmeister master, or some other like 262999 - Germany (necessary)
  • Your DMR repeater supports forwarding of SMS messages - you may test on 262993 by sending SMS with text RPT (or RSSI) (neccessary)

The settings I use are in following picture, but you have to change the target and time zone:

Then, I can see following messages on aprs.fi:
OK2MOP>APBM1D,OK0DJ,DMR*,qAR,OK0DJ:@090541h5025.97N/01542.30E[273/001DMR ID: 2307047

I hope somebody has success with that.

1 Like