Baofeng DM-X DMR

sir can post it again the firmware’

The CPS was never able to download the recordings. But it should be able to communicate using standard micro USB cable.

If you wish to download the recordings and are familiar with Python (preferably on Linux), you can use my tool ( md1702-rec) which is linked earlier in this thread. But the recordings are stored in native DMR codec format, so you would need to build and use my patched version of DSD to decode them (the official one unfortunately does not).

1 Like

The link and some information is mentioned in post #108, but please note one thing - the communication is really slow (by design of the communication protocol). To read all 16 MiB of the flash memory will take over an hour. So based on the amount of recordings, it may take several minutes or more to download them.

1 Like

It’s trivial to translate the Chinese parts of the UI in lang_en.lng and replace in the Data directory but since I’ve already done it I might as well share. Unfortunately it doesn’t necessarily make it any more clear :slight_smile:

My radio came with the 2.2.22 firmware and I’m almost done reversing the channel portion of the codeplug data. Maybe we can combine our work and create a new and open-source CPS.

2 things I kind of hate about this radio: 1) the volume control (it’s out of control :P) and 2) the mic gain.

I think I may need to do a hardware mod to tame the volume and I’ve tried the MIC settings in CPS it seems -12 is the loudest but it’s still too quiet in my opinion.

2 Likes

This are just the default values used by the MD software, not values from my radio. I think you’re focused on the wrong part of the picture :slight_smile:

:nerd_face::crazy_face:

What do you mean by editing frequencies :confused:? In CPS software, there are the individual channels and VFO A/B settings (but VFO only works in frequency mode, if you enable display of channel names, it won’t let you switch to VFOs by holding the “Back” top right key which works in frequency display mode). In radio, editing frequencies of existing channel is possible by Menu → Settings → Program Radio → TX/RX frequency unless you disable this menu in CPS.

Concerning point 2 - do you have the menu enabled in CPS General Settings → Menu?

Best is usually to have everything enabled

Hi people
you can edit manually
you just create two test channels
where you can make changes through the radio
MENU- SETTINGS- PROGRAM RADIO-RX/TX
AND WILL BE HAPPINESS
I ALREADY GET USED TO IT
BUT I WANT MORE OPPORTUNITIES

could anyone help to factory reset my baofeng md-1702

Could you tell me how you set up the software for the usb printer? Mine also comes up as a printer, I have read everything on the web about this issue, I have installed countless drivers, it simply won’t install as a com port like the other DMR radios I have owned, I am being to think I made a mistake buying this radio.

Hello
Kristian_Dave_Patali
What exactly do you want to reset to factory?

K4FX
what are your connection problems?
the radio is very good

Hello Frends
Chinese friends released a new version
radio stations DM-760

Hi pm_cz,

In my programming software, i dont have the APRS menu. MD(External) Radio Program Software 1.00.66

I am strugling to have my GPS to pass through APRS.FI

I wonder in PARAMETER Child Window, under BASIC group, what is your DATA TRANSMIT SERVER was set? MOTO IP or HYTERA DEFINED DATA?

The parameter was kept on MOTO IP. However, I can’t tell you if it will be fully working with 1.0.66 and your firmware version, since you did not specify it. If it is old .14, than probably not, if it is .19, it might.

Is the repeater using BrandMeister network and did you set the Chinese radio?

Tnx for the reply.

FW V02.02.022 and in BM its set as Chinese Radio.

APRS as a function is ok. I sent and receive messages successfully through a hotspot and RF-RF.

Its worth mentioning, the BM master set is US 3101 ang TG is 310999, but the reply is 515999 which our local country TG suffix. I used US BM_3101 because our BM5151, dont have yet the ARS set. A theory, maybe the BM_3101 filters IPs only allows local country IP?

TNX 73

To update:
I have finally made it work. I used the MD 1.0.78 healed. (from Pavel Moravec gdrive)
The key was the APRS menu in the PARAMETERS window.
Configured it just as what in GPS window.

TNX 73

PM_CZ is Pavel Moravec? :slight_smile:

Hello.
Important information !!

I would share a particular case with the APRS, which may be valid for all of you. With the help of you here and colleagues, the APRS was set up. The peculiarity of the radio is that the APRS only works in digital mode. Here in Sofia (BG), the frequency of the repeater receiving radio data (GPS position, ID, etc.) is input. When the radio transmits its data at any interval, if some people talk during this time and everyone connected at that moment, their connection is cut short. They explained to me that this was not good.

In this case,I think if Voice is TS1 then GPS should be sent TS2.

Concerning APRS and TS2, that is a good idea, but make sure the repeater is set to accept SMS messages on TS2. I have met some, which don’t, and also one radio with specific firmware was switching to TS1 regardless (but I think it was RT3s not DM-X).

The APRS really works only in DMR mode (it does not support tones), it does it is strange that it is actually breaking someone’s else transmission as it should wait for free channel and timeslot. But who knows how it is actually implemented in the firmware.

Also it may not work correctly on mixed mode repeaters (i.e. FM voice is not detected as “busy”). But then, setting the TS to TS2 would probably not work and it would still influence other transmissions.