Baofeng DM-X DMR

Yeah, I’ll wait for my hotspot to come in for further testing. Do you believe I have to update my radio?

No, do not update it as it is probably V2 or newer and @dm-x reports he cannot downgrade back to stock firmware. There is a slight difference in GPS init code in the firmware and it may cause problems.

Since you did not provide the screenshot, here is an example of what my working configuration for OK0DJ timeslot 1 looks like

No problem, but where can I find the sw?

Thank you verymuch for your useful suggestions.
I set the right parameters and now everything is working.
Impeccable!

It’s great you were able to make it work. But please, DO NOT upgrade your model to .22, as it can break it and you may not be able to load the original firmware.

He probably means my MD1702_tools Unfortunately it is not trivial to make them work on Windows and on Linux you have to remove one module incorrectly loaded for the radio each time it is attached, or use my script each time the radio resets/reconnects, or install supplied udev rules.

Once working, you can create custom boot screen, download SMS messages, extract audio recordings, backup complete CPS and firmware and load contacts (all 800 of them :frowning:) from CSV file.

The commands from the cloned repository directory to back everything up would probably be in your case:
./md1702_dfu.py readfw backed-up-fw.bin
./md1702_dfu.py readcfg backed-up-cfg-block.bin

If you wish to backup CPS, you can backup all raw data from that block by:
./md1702_dfu.py readcp codeplug.raw

or (to make the format compatible with CPS editor):
./md1702_dfu.py readall codeplug_with_SMS.data

With python 3 and windows the dump is ok.,But don´t try to reflash or upgrade to version 2.022 ,no way to downgrade

Hello
everything is updated correctly
we have already updated many stations on the version
everything works stably

Hi,
just a warning, if you have -V1 device with GPS (DM-X), it is highly probable at some time your display will stop working and display a RGB noise pattern or some strange things like you can see on the first picture (somebody reported fully white display, but it might have been different issue). Both of my DM-X radios “died” this way, the second one I gave to my mother just as I was away and wanted to make a QSO with her.

Example of faulty display (sorry for the quality, I was not the one to take the photo):

The problem is that the GPS module casing pushes against the ribbon cable and after some time its corner breaks one of the leads in the ribbon cable:

The solution is simple, you have to disassemble the radio (it was described earlier in this thread - 2 bottom star screws, remove volume cap and antenna and unscrew the rings, pull on the rubber of the connector cover), carefully unlock the ribbon cable connecting the two boards (not breaking the speaker wires) and replace it with a new one.

I was not able to order same length, but I successfully used one from OPI camera temporarily and then ordered 0.5MM / 100MM / 24P / A-Same Side contact / AWM 20624 cable (had to order 10pcs in China, but the total for all of them was around $2). Any reasonably long (8-12cm) 24-pin same-side contact AWM 20624 cable should work (i.e. the contacts on both sides are on the same side of the cable).

1 Like

Hello
Throw off the link to loops
may come in handy
also need to buy

how many contacts on the loop
show photo please

Also
how to set up a contact sheet
why it is not displayed in the walkie-talkie

@Daniil: I did not understand well what you are trying to ask, but if I guess correctly you are asking about the link to seller. I don’t think the owner of this forum would like me to post that (but I can send you a PM).

I did not take a photo when fixing the second -V1 device - I may check if I have some older photos - but the inside photos were posted by someone else in the beginning of this thread. Anyway, replacing the ribbon cable means carefully lifting its (gray) locks, pulling the cable out, pushing the new cable in (blue side on top), and re-locking the locks.

The number of contacts (pins) as well as other parameters were mentioned in my previous post - 24 contacts to answer it again.

EDIT: Here are the photos from the first fix, when I used a longer ribbon cable:

Hi Guys has anyone got a codeplug already done they could up load ??

Regards Dave.

Hello
http://tim-yvonne.com/ham/dmr/radios/Baof-1702/index.htm

Hello again.
Having trouble adding .csv to the Contacts menu? When clicking on the Import button does not show a window from which to select .csv contact file.

You cannot use CSV file to import in official CPS application, but an xls(x) file. If you wish to import CSV with contacts, you may use my Python tool, this is the only import functionality I managed to implement before the end of vacation. But you are still limited to 800 contacts.

Hello
let’s share our ideas
what could fix
what set up
How to change everything willingly
to work properly

Thanks for the codeplug helped me create my own for UK.

Regards Dave

Hi Guys another quick question , very new to this DMR side of radio , when keying up on repeater getting following messaged displayed " BS Act Timeout" any help please.

It has already been written in this thread two or three times - this indicates the DMR repeater did not acknowledge your transmission. Typically this means you have something configured wrong in your setting or you are out of the repeater coverage.

If you scroll/search the forum topic, you will find it and also a screenshot of the setting page with the description and correct setting. Typical mistake is selecting wrong color code (default is 0, most repeaters have 1).

Hello can someone explain or send me the file of how to configure the APRS GPS thank you very much

Hello. I’m still trying to set up APRS. No success so far. Tuning frequency, GPS, data transmission time … Only the my hotspot is visible in the brandmister and https://aprs.fi A few posts ago, I also wrote for help, but apparently no one ran the APRS. I expect a firmware to come out to allow more options. I don’t know when it will happen. We all hope to come out / revamp the advanced firmware. I personally cannot program or process firmware.
Greetings!