Baofeng DM-X DMR

HEllo
please tell me
whether there was a new firmware for this model
is there anything new

pm_czJunior Member
The battery can be configured here

Hi Daniil, no he was talking about .22 firmware we have since June.

Hello
I have installed
22 version

I am with this parameter
set the correct display of the battery
Now my station is working for 3 days in wiretap mode
and 2 in transmission mode

who do not be figured out how to switch
mode VFO
when the name of the channel is written

can someone tell
made the right settings
let’s share your files

From the captured wireshark communication it looks OK until last block. I have pushed a new version of my scripts, which always pads the firmware to block size. Did you capture the communication of my tool or stock CPS with failing downgrade?

If the latter, I can also try to pad the firmware to simulate the same fix in stock CPS.

EDIT: Here is a padded variant of stock MD1702-V2 firmware for testing with 1.0.66 CPS.

Hello. Does anyone know how to set up APRS?

HI,
I am new in this fantastic forum and owner of a new DM1702 GPS
My radio arrived only few days ago and it seems work great.
I tested in analog mode with excellent result in VHF and no problem at all with GPS, it is very fast to acquire satellites < 1 minute. The radio came with V2.2.19 firmware.
It is my first approch with DMR and at the moment I am in listening mode.
I tried to manage to receive something but, as for our friend, the green led lit, but no sound at all. I monitored the channel with DSD and there were several exchanges. I put the TG decoded by DSD and nothing, not a sound from the radio. Perhaps it could be broken.
Is there any test I can perform without another DMR radio?
Does exist a promiscous mode for baofeng?
Thank you very much in advance for your answer
Giulio

Hello,
it would be great if you managed to back up the firmware just in case. Maybe this is HW revision 3.

Regarding your question:

1. There is GroupCallMatch and PrivateCallMatch setting in Radio Settings in digital mode, which enables the promiscuous mode (when set to Off)
  2. Make sure you have TX and RX frequency set separately (different values) and did not use Talk-Around mode
  3. Be sure that the repeater color code is correct. The default in settings is 0 but most repeaters use something else (e.g. 1).
  4. The audio knob must be turned more than ~15° from off position to hear any audio

Otherwise if you have a licence, you can try to call Parrot (9990) via private call on Brandmeister. First you would get and indication repeater hears you (otherwise you get the BS ACT Timeout), second it will play your message back.

Amigo ,o correto Ê deixar ativado "TALK AROUND " ??pois estou com mesmo problema.do amigo , acende luz verde mais não sai som nenhum .desde jå agradeço !

hello friend! My radio receives the signal in digital mode but no audio comes out would it be firmware problems?

Does not boot. It´s not a matter of filesizes. Trying to figure out why I can´t downgrade to .19 V2.:face_with_monocle:

That’s bad. There may be several culprits - configuration block, where something may have changed which prevents downgrade, SPI flash content or the firmware itself I got earlier from one of the forum members is broken somewhere.

For others who want risk upgrading the V2 to .22 version, I urge you to do following (using my Python tool), before you consider upgrade:

1. Back up your present firmware (and best share it with me/forum so that we can check if it is the same as the one I got earlier).
  2. Back up the configuration block.
  3. Do a full dump of the SPI flash with radio configuration (or even better the whole SPI flash, but it will take an hour to do so).

That way you should be able to get back to V2 .19 if necessary.

Vc consegue me ajudar de forma.mais clara ?NĂŁo entendi o procedimento

Sorry, I don’t speak Portugese. If you ask if “TALK AROUND” should be enabled for use with repeater, the answer is NO. It must be turned off, i.e. disabled (the checkbox in CPS/setting in radio).

I’m sorry, I don’t know what happens, why is there a signal and no audio on the radio?

is it the firmware that is wrong?

in analog mode it works normal cjega signal and outputs normal audio

There are too many variables what can go wrong here, e.g. how far you are from the repeater (digital mode has worse SNR than analog to be still usable), if you have direct line of sight, if the setting is correct, etc.

Maybe, if it is a public repeater, where the parameters can be found on Internet, you can take a screenshot from CPS software with the channel edit page (the detailed one) for the non-working setting and I (or someone else as I am leaving in the morning for several days) can check it.

Are you sure the repeater works in DMR mode? If you make a call to some DMR ID (e.g. Parrot), does it work, or is there the timeout I mentioned earlier?

Giulio could you please dump the firmware with the dm_cz tools ,and post it? It´s quick and harmless, you´do not even need to put the device in upgrade mode. I think I have the same device as yours. and need the dump.