Baofeng DM 1702 Programming

Oh, my bad. I should have made self clearer. When I typed BTR.com, that’s my abbreviation for buytworadios.com. Kind of falls into the category of buying local.

Gotcha. Good for you on the buytwowayradios. Good folks.

Oh, I thought I read you were ordering a MD-UV380 DMR radio. The TH-350 is an analog-only tri-band, and will need completely different software.

The programming software is on the same page as the radio, under Downloads.

The cable is the same one as the TH-UV88 radio. You will probably need the USB driver for that cable too.

Don’t forget to read the radio every time before you try to upload anything.

The TH-350 radio is also compatible with Chirp software. (Highly recommend.) It is also not approved for Part 90, so it comes from the factory locked to the Ham bands 144-148 MHz, 222-225 MHz and 420-450MHz.

1 Like

Visually, the chip fitted plug is elongated quite a bit, nearly 2 inches, while the cable with the digital radios is a normal size USB plug? Don;t worry about the time difference - fine with me

1 Like

My 1702 has no issues with any of the win10 machines (or win7) i’ve downloading the software.
I’m using my own repo -> https://mega.nz/folder/5gokkSQL#k0vbb0GViVbFl-QiHiDcKA
But you are welcome to use it.
Only once i’ve had an issue but it was a cable problem. But since 1702 uses just a regular micro usb cable it was not a big issue.
You can hit me up if you have any Q’s on 1702 - not a very experienced in ham radios, but 1702 is quite easy to tame.

1 Like

If this is a ham radio, then I’d suggest: https://chirp.danplanet.com as this is the primary source for chinese radios. He’s also very responsive to questions regarding radios not listed. Good luck! K6SNS

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for the information. I’ve tried both the seller supplied cable and a micro USB to no useful effect, but maybe it’s just me or the alignment of the stars.
Thanks for your offer. I’ll go take a look. Interestingly, I just set up a mega account today.
Best regards

Thanks Jack,
I just went to the site and the TH-350 is listed there. I’m hoping that’s a good sign.
Alan
KC1NYL

AVG could be the contributing factor there - i’ve verified, and none of my machines has it. Company machines have MacAfee, and private machines ESET.
Btw, rried chirp - no go. Only MD software :frowning:

SO0BAD - Maciej

1 Like

Hi again Maciej,
Alan, KC1NYL In the Boston, Massachusetts area. Looks like you’re in Poland based on your call sign. Happy New Year!
I was thinking about antivirus. I have MacAfee on my machine so that may not be the issue. I’ll probably try shutting that off and see what happens.
In the meantime I’ve ordered an analogue radio, TYT-HT-380. That should work with CHIRP. Once that is going and I’ve save up my $$, I’ll go try digital again. As a retired electrical engineer old enough to have built a shortwave receiver with vacuum tubes, I understand that digital the future. In the meantime, I like the idea of being able to experiment. Once I get analogue and digital going, will get Raspberry Pi in the mix. I’m also interested in the 2200 and 630 meter bands. Let’s see would that be a 1,100 meter antenna? :grinning:
When I’ve looked for digital programming software one issue I’ve had is getting a version that’s in english. As far as the manuals are concerned they should save the paper. Though being honest, I could not translate anything in another language with any success. :confused:

Hola, Yo tenía el mismo probema y con la ayuda de
pm_czJunior Member

3822gj

Nov '20

What’s the download address of Baofeng md-1702 to upgrade firmware v02.02.023

You have the link two messages above. But this is extracted firmware, not an official download site (you have to use old 1.0.66 CPS to flash it):

… I have flashed FW 2.2.23 extracted from my RT72 to DM-X to simulate your issues and it works without any problem with old 1.0.66 and new 1.0.78 CPS …

@waltercx3awb:
I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but could you try the Retevis 72 1.00.02 CPS or longer cable if you are using micro USB? The L firmware uses a different communication protocol which is incompatible with old CPS versions.

Con el CPS para el Reteis 72 ver. 1.00.02 se puede aceder al handy

en el post Baofeng DM-X DMR - #474 by waltercx3awb está el hilo con la solución

Saludos

I have an issue with my new radio Baofeng DM-1702 gps… On it was a firmware L05.01.005… I 've tried to change it to version [FW V02.02.023] with CPS v79 “chinses ver.” after that the radio did not start up… when I try to turn it on, it does not work. It works only on DFU mode (# + POWER)…
Help me pls to make my radio works again…Thank you very much…

For anyone struggling with L05.01.005:
anonfiles com/h0M5YaE6we/1706_zip
Delete VCP driver or reinstall as printer and reboot before use! Radio should be recognized as printer device. The password is “baofeng”

pls i need a version L05.01.005 for DM-1702 to update it

Hi every one:
How I can receive FM frequency from 100 MHz to 136MHz on DM-1702 gps?

You don’t. It doesn’t have AM for the aircraft band, 108 to 136,

After took a brake, I tried again to find software for my baofeng L05.01.004. I installed one that was suggested in this web using software for CH-6DMR(IC) and it worked …

yeey…

wow! so, finally which firmware did you use? can you please send me a link to that firmware…

CH-6DMR(IC), you can download it here Support & Download – Baofeng Radio Canada

thanks! I have the software allright, my question was about the firmware - the BIN file.

Radio Baofeng DM-X, Firmware L05.01.004 (It came with the radio, I did not change)
Previously I tried to use any programming software for DM-X or DM 1702 with no luck.