Baofeng DM-X DMR

MENU>Settings>Radio Settings> (5)Squelch>Normal or Tight

OK thank you !
I have one more question. Whenever transmitting a repeater of a message “BS ACT TIMEOUT” would that be?

Another question, in analog mode I can hear without problems already in digital mode lights the green led but no sound, would be a problem?

I don`t know Someone else to say what is “BS ACT TIMEOUT”

When green LED lights, than you received. If you do not want to illuminate, you can stop the LED indication in the software

BS Act timeout means you are trying to transmit but the repeater is not answering on its TX channel. Check if you did not swap TX and RX frequencies for it.

Red LED - transmitting, Green LED - something is being received (analog signal, digital radio). So in your case you may be receiving the repeater but your transmit power is too low, or you are transmitting on wrong frequency or the repeater does not support DMR mode. If you receive on digital DMR repeater, the info about call group (or private call) is also displayed together with green light.

Ok ok thank you very much for the explanations! I will be waiting for my HOTSPOT to arrive for further testing.

One more doubt when I put a frequency in any digital mode I get the signal lights green but the audio does not come out of the modulation, what could it be?

As I mentioned, green light (and Green A or D sign next to channel) indicates presence of signal. But it does not have to be the DMR signal. You could try to create analog channel for the repeater frequency and listen on it if you hear anything (ideally in monitor mode).

There are generally 4 possibilities:

• some other signal, e.g. ASK/FSK-modulated wireless sensor for a weather station or other 433 MHz ISM device (this happens to me quite a lot)
  • analog signal on the repeater
  • D-star or other digital mode unknown to the radio or a DMR signal with so bad BER it cannot be decoded or DMR in Talk-around mode, which uses different encoding scheme.
  • DMR signal, but a private call for somebody else/group call for some group you did not list (you can switch the private and group call match setting to enable monitoring them as well)

I would suggest using SDR (e.g. RTL based SDR) USB sitck on computer, tune in the frequency you are talking about and look what happens. DMR signal has quite specific signature

Ok TKS !I will follow these steps

What is the “TALK AROUND ON / OFF” function in the * TALK AROUND STATUS menu?

Friend i hace solution forma this problem hapen to me in the same way, no say nothink, the problem is The model located in one of two updates files (the more small file) , open with notepad and change the model to DM-1702 or somethink like that save and put you radio en recovery mode with # go to advanced option and upload the update again now with good model. I hope help you pablolp84@gmail.com if you have more questions i have firmware 2.2.19 if you want

Hello
do you have any solutions
Do you speak Russian ?

Yes my friend, what happent to you, performed a update and after that the radio no show More information and show white screen? I help you

You email and send you my firmware 2.2.19 remenber set radio to off and power on with # key hold. For recovery. You radio in this moment does not work in other mode. But don’t sorry use option for firmware in mode recovery.

Talk around is the direct mode when you use repeater frequency for direct communication between two radios, e.g. during repeater failure. If you switch it on, the radio will not be able to talk to the repeater as it will operate in simplex mode, and it will use slightly different way of communication (DMR Tier I instead of II?).

EDIT: A small disclaimer here: DO NOT use it on repeater frequency in normal conditions. There are direct channels you may use instead, it is not according to IARU bandplan, and (logically) it is frowned on by repeater operators, at it causes issues for everybody else.

when ever i press the talk around option it does nothing and just plays the same tone every time so I am not even sure if it is on

You must enable the Talk Around in CPS options to make it work (then in radio in Talk Around menu you see On/Off choices). Otherwise it does nothing. You can detect it by the repeater mode symbol changing from - (or +) to ->

hi ,I´ve flashed the .22 version , changing the binini file to match my v2. How can I get back to
.19 v2?.Flashing .19 v2 with old cps brings black screen. Flashing back ,22 all works ok , except gps.
Thanks in advance.

Did you back up the original firmware before flashing the .22 using my MD1702-tools mentioned above? I don’t have access to V2 devices, so I am dependent on the dump which was sent to me, but it looked OK to me. Are you at least able to dump the wrong firmware after upload for comparison?

What do you mean by GPS not working? It takes ~20 minutes of clear view of the sky for the GPS to work in V1 (and it must be enabled) and I think it will be similar in V2, is this your case?