Baofeng DM-X DMR

As far as PC goes, the offending hellspawn (aka DM-X, with a MD1702 V2 sub version) my friend dumped on, got recognised enough to do the downgrade/upgrade 'brick n fix routine method of putting it onto FW 2.22 which the success stories show actually works.

But I did have to (out of desperation) put my extremely radio programming targeted WS2012 ‘workstation’ image backup onto a spare machine so any screwups would make existing nightmares any worse on main setup.

I only did that out of desperation to hopefully get the ■■■■ spawn reprogrammed and kitted with CPS software on disc and a good USB (ordinary kind) thrown in so I can dump the thing back in his direction and get some ■■■■■■ closure on what’s been a painful chapter I thought I’d left behind when I stopped working with Sony Ericsson equipment.

So it is FW programmable now, CPS accessible, GPS seems to still work ok. So I’ll whack in a short CP to radio test and if all is well, it’ll get a proper code plug once the owner gets off his ■■■ and sends me his wanted final frequencies and zoning list.

If NASA or SpaceX want a dummy payload for their next launch test, they are welcome to the discs, printouts and everything I possess about aggro devices and kill-it-to-cure-it fixes (dare I say… iPhones where owners sold them to shops leaving the icloud lock on?). ■■■■, if anyone wants a target to nuke from orbit, just give me a location and I’ll leave the stuff there (once the lockdown gets lifted).

That so-called friend would be wise to forget I exist…

@VA3NDP - Thanks for being supportive with kind words, they did help along with your suggestion about downgrading and upgrading the FW.