Baofeng DM-X DMR

Hello
I did a check on my radio
from repeater 145 kilometers
the radio works correctly and there are no problems

Привет. Всех с наступающим праздником!) Вопрос: Имеются две dm-x, но у обеих слабая чувствительность микрофонов. Можно, как нибудь программно добавить уровень? Не удобно близко говорить или орать в микрофон. Если делать громкость на максимум, то системные звуки, до инфаркта доведут))) Спасибо)

Hey. All with the upcoming holiday!) Question: There are two dm-x, but both have a weak sensitivity of microphones. Can I add a level programmatically? It is not convenient to talk closely or yell into the microphone. If you make the volume to maximum, then the system sounds will bring to a heart attack))) Thank you)

Приветствую

Hello and Happy New Year. Be healthy and happy!
And what’s the difference between the two microphones? Probably one is built into the radio and the other is on the switch (headphones, handset …) What is the value for better amplification?

The flashlight works if you program it on some of the 3 programmable buttons. But. If you have the gps version of the PCB, the gps antenna is below the circle. There are factory openings on the board under the antenna for soldering the flashlight. With a little reworking, an ordinary LED with appropriate resistance can be mounted. For example: program the upper long-pressed button to activate the LED. Note that the voltage is about 7.4 V

1 Like

https://mega.nz/#!b6Z1gQpB!ZMBNRTQzwLh0TxmHR59q3exQCym8lK4rKB2pWBqOrXw

1 Like

look link, there is a answer :wink:

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “microusb not com with pc. 2.22”. Would you specify?
Thanks.

sir can post it again the firmware’

One of this uploader and firmware works for me well:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iGy_f1ZVdTSFbh4BkZNjL_9iM0dSJVzK

Flash (upload firmware) 1702_02_v22 with MD-1.0.78-healed or 1702_v02.02.022 with MD-1.0.66-extra.

1 Like

The CPS was never able to download the recordings. But it should be able to communicate using standard micro USB cable.

If you wish to download the recordings and are familiar with Python (preferably on Linux), you can use my tool ( md1702-rec) which is linked earlier in this thread. But the recordings are stored in native DMR codec format, so you would need to build and use my patched version of DSD to decode them (the official one unfortunately does not).

1 Like

The link and some information is mentioned in post #108, but please note one thing - the communication is really slow (by design of the communication protocol). To read all 16 MiB of the flash memory will take over an hour. So based on the amount of recordings, it may take several minutes or more to download them.

1 Like

It’s trivial to translate the Chinese parts of the UI in lang_en.lng and replace in the Data directory but since I’ve already done it I might as well share. Unfortunately it doesn’t necessarily make it any more clear :slight_smile:

My radio came with the 2.2.22 firmware and I’m almost done reversing the channel portion of the codeplug data. Maybe we can combine our work and create a new and open-source CPS.

2 things I kind of hate about this radio: 1) the volume control (it’s out of control :P) and 2) the mic gain.

I think I may need to do a hardware mod to tame the volume and I’ve tried the MIC settings in CPS it seems -12 is the loudest but it’s still too quiet in my opinion.

2 Likes

This are just the default values used by the MD software, not values from my radio. I think you’re focused on the wrong part of the picture :slight_smile:

:nerd_face::crazy_face:

What do you mean by editing frequencies :confused:? In CPS software, there are the individual channels and VFO A/B settings (but VFO only works in frequency mode, if you enable display of channel names, it won’t let you switch to VFOs by holding the “Back” top right key which works in frequency display mode). In radio, editing frequencies of existing channel is possible by Menu -> Settings -> Program Radio -> TX/RX frequency unless you disable this menu in CPS.

Yes, i will switch and try the “frequency mode” to find vfo’s again. I have many digital TG’s and all in the same hotspot’s frequency. Without names can’t help me much in that radio.

2: “editing frequencies of existing channel is possible by…” Isn’t working to edit existing channel, neither here or other radio’s.

3: The “back/cancel” button doesn’t work in a conversation if you want to go in menu till voices ends.
(NEW!!! Works with arrows up/down) !!!

Can’t understand this limit. Not to write news is bad (you and i won’t get new info’s, right?)…
“### You have reached the reply limit for this topic
We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.
Instead of adding another reply, please consider editing your previous replies, or visiting other topics.”

Well guys, this settings works for me in dm-x.
Do not go high, 180 is a good limit. Save battery and shut sometimes gps off.
Other values are to low and higher than 180 are useless. (Had a buffer overflow every 10 secs to Brandmeister/ipsc2/other - with simplex MMDVM/one TG and no revert channel…)
Keep both 180/180, no lower, no higher - you can be safe without the “10 minutes limit” in “selfcare” BM.

Concerning point 2 - do you have the menu enabled in CPS General Settings -> Menu?

Best is usually to have everything enabled

Hi people
you can edit manually
you just create two test channels
where you can make changes through the radio
MENU- SETTINGS- PROGRAM RADIO-RX/TX
AND WILL BE HAPPINESS
I ALREADY GET USED TO IT
BUT I WANT MORE OPPORTUNITIES

could anyone help to factory reset my baofeng md-1702