XU2600 programming

Hi all, I have a fleet of Motorola XU2600 radios that I would like to program. However, the frequency that I would like to use is not a preset in the radio. I would like to use 469.27500. Is there a way that, with a Motorola programming cable, I can program this frequency into the radios? The frequency is with in the UHF range of the radio, it is just not listed as a preset.

As far as I can tell, there is no Customer Programming Software (CPS) available for these radios. They are good radios, and met the narrow-banding requirements of the FCC, but are preprogrammed with a list of common preset business frequencies. Owners could program the radios to their own licenced frequency right from the front panel without needing a dealer to program them for you. Plus, one could clone new radios to the programmed ones using a multi-unit charger.

This was a great convenience for customers at the time as they could buy them and program them themselves right out of the box to the frequency they were licenced for without needing a dealer to do it for them. The down side to that is that they could not be programmed to frequencies outside the preset ones.

From what I can tell, even dealers might not be able to program them outside the presets. It was just not that kind of radio. What was convenient for business customers at the time also made it difficult and perhaps impossible for others to reprogram used radios outside their presets.

If you are licenced for 469.275, all I can suggest is to look for new radios. Even business-class equipment needs to be replaced from time to time. As far as the company selling or giving the used ones away, unless the new owners are licenced for one of the preset frequencies, it likely cannot be done. Plus, when the built-in antenna starts to peel away like yours are, contacting skin with the inside of a broken antenna while transmitting can cause burns.