Wouxun KG1000G+ Brightness

I am considering upgrading my mobile to the KG1000G+ . I like the reviews and features for the most part. One “con” I have seen is the brightness is not adjustable and is quite offensive at night. I was wondering if the mounting location would mitigate said brightness. I can see a top of dash mount being an issue, but my intended mount location is in center under dash. Would that location still be offensive as far as brightness? Thanks

I doubt we can comment? I’ve got an Icom with very bright white screen, and in my eye line, it’s annoying, but down near the gear lever, it’s fine - but equally, during the day, my Yaesu, on the dash top with it’s much dimmer display is hopeless in the sun? Neither is offensive, but mildy annoying.

Had the same issue with my radio. Just turn off the back light or reduce the time it’s onProcessing:
IMG_2533
IMG_2533.jpeg…

I have mine remote face mounted. I used a Pro Fit International mount that is even with the top of my dash. It has a pivot so I could tilt it down a bit if it were an issue. I have no issues with the brightness of the screen.