Viewing channel frequency on a BaoFeng UV-5R

Newbie here—first post. I hope I’m posting this in the right place. As far as I could tell this one hasn’t been asked (again, apologies if I didn’t search thoroughly enough).

I have a UV-5R I programmed about a year ago using CHIRP, and I just bought an HYS dual-band backpack radio and was trying to program it via the radio keypad. I have a number of named repeaters programmed into the UV-5R, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to view the frequency the channel was programmed to. Just pressing the VFO/MR button brings up the last frequency I manually entered but not the frequency of the programmed channel. I couldn’t find this in the manual—I could only find how to save a frequency you manually entered. I want to essentially reverse-engineer the programming I did and view the frequencies of each repeater I programmed. It has to be a simple way to do this, but I just cannot seem to find out how.

Press menu, select menu item 21 (MDF-A), press menu again, use the up arrow to mark “freq” press menu then exit.

Frequency will appear in upper display after you’ve obtained all freqs you want , press menu select item 21, press menu again use down arrow to select “name” or ch ( channel) press menu again to enter it , then exit , and that will put it back to the way it was.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Rob – very glad you asked the question. I set up Chirp data about 5 years ago and have looked everywhere for my data file to identify names with frequencies (to add a new data set).

AB3LW – THANKS!!!