Very new 2 way radio user

Hi, bought 2 Quansheng-TG-UV2 radio’s today.

the questions are, can I get a base station to use with these? And if so, what’s a good base model that I should look at?

Thanks in advance,

First, a question: Where are you?

In the US these radios are for the amateur radio service, which is a licensed service. Before you can transmit with these radios, you would have to take and pass a 35 question examination and be issued a call sign by the Federal Communications Commission. Likewise, anyone you wish to talk to would have to be similarly licensed.

Once you are licensed, there are literally hundreds of radios that could function as a base station with these.

Hi, I am in Canada.

In Canada, you will also require an amateur radio license to use these radios.