UV-17R Pro GPS not working properly

I recently purchased the one radio but needed the 2nd to be able to play hide and seek.

While waiting for the 2nd radio to arrive, I had been trying to get something to show up on the gps screen, but it was always red and all 0’s.

The 2nd identical radio shows up and it goes green on the GPS and spits out my location.
Radio one is still RED, both with the same software and the same menu settings.

Ive tried a factory reset, that just cleared the channels. The time is also off with my settings.

Anyone seen something like this before?

Faulty radio or you’ve missed something in the menu, i am afraid. There is a small chance the gps has just not locked up so leaving it overnight with a good view of the sky can sometime trigger the gps to realise where it is. I had an icom marine that did this if left with a flat battery for a week or two. It was just a slow starter and was ‘lost’ each time. Once locked, it restored in a few seconds each time, but needed a long time. I suspect it just had a low gain decoder chip and was technically faulty.

After days of playing with the radio im having zero luck getting it to lock on.

I noticed that the battery drains faster on the radio as well. Trying to find GPS must be draining the power.

Ive ordered a program cable. Im hoping its a software glitch that might correct itself with programming.