Using a Baofeng-F8HP with a Retevis R27

Hi everyone

I hope you are having a great weekend this is my first post! I hope I am in the right place. I have a BaoFeng BF-F8HP
I use it for work and its licenced. I am trying to adjust the frequency to work with the Retevis for home use. After looking online and checking both manuals I havent been able to make it work I can receive but not transmit from the baofeng. I changed the c-ctcs to what says in manuals but no success I would apreciate any help please. Thank You

Ignoring the legality, you say you changed the CTCSS to the ones in the manual? What manual? I see CTCSS in specifications for preprogrammed radios or on licence docs, but never in manual? Have I got lost?

For pre-programmed channels in the Retevis

Do you want to operate on license free frequencies? The RT-27 appears to be a VHF or UHF radio. (depending on which model you have) It’s advertised as a MURS or FRS radio, which are license-free services in the USA. It looks like they are FCC certified MURS and FRS radios, depending on which model you have. They also appear to be pre-programmed with the FRS or MURS frequencies already.

Your best bet is to buy another RT-27 (they are inexpensive) . That way you keep it legal, as the Baofeng isn’t certified for use on either service.

Ok fair enough thank you for the answer :slight_smile: