TYT MD-9600 Programming

Windows 7 and above requires administrative permission. right click on program install line and will see administrator permission line. Some os requires USB driver installed. Works better then Anytone as have to designate com port on up and download from radio.

Thanks. I did use the admin permission when running it and finally got it to work. It wasn’t quite as straight forward as others I have programmed.
Thanks again

I cannot get my TYT MD-9600 to scan. I am trying to scan several analog channels. I have the channels in a scan list and the channels have this scan list in their mode. When I activate scan it never opens the audio on an active channel. The same set up works fine on my TYT MD-UV380. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Dennis

I see a lot of info on increasing the contacts up to 100,000 but looks like it involves older FW. If the radio is already on 6.003, can it still be done?
Thanks,
Eli
K2ELI

Hey guys I’m having a bit of an issue with my MD9600… hopefully this thread is still active. I updated the firmware of the radio after installing it in my vehicle a few weeks ago and programmed it using the CPS 1.27 software… the programming seems to have taken when you turn the radio on channels zones and list are all as I programmed. However, it won’t transmit or receive on either band and in either analog or digital. The radio says it’s transmitting but no Audio is heard or received. on analog I just get a continuous open squelch sound no matter what the squelch is set to in programming…

Just a quick note regarding speeds at which CPS writes to radios at.

Probably the biggest contribution to a slow write is uploading a very large contact list to the radio - and, where hams are concerned, the DMR contact list we use runs into 10s of 1000s of entries.

Even if your code plug is complex in terms of zones, channels and scan lists and Rx groups, if the contact list is small then your talking a short upload, if the contact list is big (and bearing in mind a large TG list adds to it, since TGs and contacts exist on the same dB in the radio usually) then expect it to take a while to complete.

I’ve not done any radio-radio cloning on DMR kit (assuming they can do direct unit to unit crossover cloning via mic and earphone/speaker sockets like analog LMR and ham kit can), but if you find your radio supports that, it maybe quicker to clone via crossover cloning and manually alter radio ID and name in each unit afterwards.

That’s because usually cabled cloning simply sends compressed data more or less a binary transfer much like sending binaries over RS232, where each time you send a modded variant from CPS to radio, the CPS software rebuilds the binaries it’ll send to the radios and it’s often that bit which can take a fair part of the chunk of time it seems to be on a go-slow.

Just things to keep in mind, where applicable.