Two questions is there a GMRS base station that has the power supy built in

Two questions. 1) I just got my GMRS license and was wondering of there was a GMRS base station on the market ( not a mobile that I have to get a power supy for ?
2) I live in northeast NJ any reliable antenna installers for a GMRS base station antenna on
My home .( and I might get back into CB again after 40 years so one that installs a CB base antenna also )?

There are no GMRS radios on the market designed specifically as base stations that I know of. If there were, we would probably carry them. This is for a couple of reasons. GMRS is a niche market, and the costs of designing, manufacturing, type accepting and marketing a base station with the features and functionality expected of one doesn’t make sense for the ROI. Also, the ability to use a mobile radio and simply add an AC to DC power supply and turn it into a base station is more desirable anyway, because it gives the operator more flexibility to customize the configuration as desired and multi-purpose it into a mobile as needed. This is a more economical solution, adding value to the radio itself.

As for antenna installers, one possible solution would be to locate and contact an amateur radio club in your area. Many hams are very knowledgable and adept at this, and may hire themselves out to perform the work or do it in exchange for a donation to the club or a charity.

If you researched any of the normally stocked brands, you’d rapidly find whether there is a) any real demand to manufacturer for any category of certifiable/TA controlled license fixed base user service/radio service for any country, not just USA/Canada localised services.

So, since it reflects both affordable and professional/LMR and leisure market products in their range (their leisure market stuff is pro/LMR derived and often is the LMR/Commercial spec with restrictions locked in or not according to destined markets), Wouxun is a good point to research over if they include GMRS and similarly FRS certified base stations.

True base station gear is pretty much a niche area beyond Ham Radio and most internationally oriented multi-market pro-LMR service focus. When you consider that even in the most demanding bulk sales aspect, the demand for base stations is probably on the lines of 1 in 10 or worse (unless a pro user needs a network of linked bases acting as nodes, most users need 1 or maybe 2 bases or one per site best case, mobiles/HH are in far higher quantity demand).

So looking with that in mind, research wise, then looking at what’s seen as viable vs what’s available, you’ll probably find actual base station gear for GMRS and subsequently FRS either don’t exist in the stocked brands or just aren’t viable for a notably low demand niche. Hence why a fixed antenna and PSU and high power (where permitted) mobile with base mic added is probably what you’ll find niche markets of the pro-LMR public services use.

Note - true base station gear is stuff that always has a fixed PSU and potentially has a DC input designed as a power outage fallback power, as opposed to mobiles which are DC powered normally. You’ll also find a lot of true bases, apart from being notably higher in cost, are often less flexible in operation where channel shifting is usually (in mainstream LMR terms) rare and infrequent on the base side, everyone works around the base station frequency for when base is relay/repeater and/or networked. So supplied access to some less frequently channelised usage featured are usually locked out bar engineering mode access.

For most purposes, a high output (where v long public service sector radio goes) dual Tx/RX or dual Rx/single Tx and optional full duplex cross band repeater capable mobiles, fixed antennas and external high current PSU’s are more common setups for base use.

Also worth mentioning, and it can be a strong indicator between true bases and recased cheap ■■■ bases marketed as base station gear, that base station gear has higher (over spec) current and duty cycle rated power sourcing, better duty cycle PA setups and a better front end Rx wise as they have to contend with being anywhere from isolated use locations to high traffic and high contention locations and in high contention locations, much harder rejection and adjacent frequency filtering and EMC rejection.

Notably, true bases as much as true repeater gear feature a cavity filter of at least two pole setup in their makeup that’s tuned on installation by a certified installer who is actually permitted to make adjusts to the otherwise do-not-peek black box device.

My ham radio specific gear, be it from factory or by retrofit/mod, all are are upgraded to that necessity as the difference for base station use is remarkable to the point you’d have to hear the difference to appreciate it.

You’ll also find, where base to mobile/HH ops are common, much more use of tone/selective squelch system features being a full time mandatory (not by law, but by owner demand) requirement and sometimes they pick gear that has higher specs on the tone/selective squelch and privacy functions to compensate for contention and privacy needs further down the line.

Which should all give clues, at least, to why true base station gear is less of an excessively marked up cost ‘just a mobile/PSU/antenna’ bundle semi-integrated but really entirely different animals with specs that easily exceed most mobile/HH gear and that comes at a price given niche and low supply demand.

Sorry if that got long, but true bases and ‘mobiles’ aren’t just defined by where the PSU sits and maybe it was a good place to point out the difference.

There are :
The midland xt 511…

I just ordered mine , it’s in back order. But it’s the perfect base radio for what I need