TRC-226 sticky transmit button

Hello everyone

I love the internet (mostly). I’ve just been installing a CB into my Jeep JL sport. Everything’s going together fine. I’m just waiting for the paint to dry and set on some screws and the antenna mount.

In the meantime I pulled out my old realistic TRV-226 handheld and tried it out. It hasn’t been used in about 20 years. It powers up, receives and transmits. But the transmit button sticks on.

While researching the problem I came across your site. It looks like a ton of information is available and hopefully someone can provide the answer to my problem.

I pulled it apart and cleaned the contact and rubber parts (contacts) of the button with an alcohol q-tip. No joy it still sticks. I’m wondering if someone can suggest a fix? Maybe the buttons rubber is not flexible, conductive enough?

I recorded what happens but can’t find a way to attach a file. After I send this I’ll look a little deeper and follow up then.

Thanks in advance
Jim

So it looks like I can’t link video files I’ll try to link through drop box or something.

The video shows me pushing and releasing the transmit button. When released the display shows the radio continuing to transmit. If I tap the button or try various ways to push it eventually it will stop transmitting.

Thanks