Transferring files tyt to anytone

Hi All, I’ve been using a tyt md9600 and would like to transfer the data to my anytone at-d 578uv.

I’ve tried export and import but while the channel names are transferred the frequencies aren’t.

Can anyone help with a site to convert the files from the tyt to suit the anytone or offer any help.

Many thanks.

I’ve never yet found one brand radio’s data to be readable by another. However, if you can open the file, it’s often a simple text file, delimited by commas - so Excel can open them if you change the file type to say, .txt. You could then copy and paste to reformat it to the file format of the other radio. You’d need to open up files from both radios and see where they differ and then sort it out.

I’ve never seen anyone write an app to do this task you can just get hold of. If you need to do it a lot, you could generate a new spreadsheet from the old one, displayed differently, and then export that as a comma delimited file and change the file type = that might work.

Thanks for the reply, I’m coming to that conclusion as I can transfer bits of the tyt code plug but not the whole thing, which is a pain as there’s a lot of settings.

I can use excel but I’m a total novice, looking at a few youtubes but they don’t help, or I can’t understand them.

Looks like it’s the long way round then. :unamused:

Don’t give up.Also - don’t expect YouTube tutorials on boring stuff like this. Have you managed to import your data file into excel? This is the starting point. If you have, and have a pile of data on the screen, can you actually work it out into data fields - so can you see a column of transmit frequencies, or offsets, or channel widths with things like 25 or 12.5 in them? Can you see any text that you entered, like channel names - that kind of thing?

If you can, the hard part is done. You need to do the same for the other radio, and work out the differences. If the frequency in radio one’s data is in excel column F, but in column D in the other one, you could use another spread sheet to convert the positions - you tell the second one to look at the first sheet’s cell and pop it into the second sheet’s cell. Once you’ve got one line done, you can increment the cell numbers with a highlight and drag down.

Hi Paul, yes I had managed to import the files from the tyt to excel but when I tried to import them into the anytone it didn’t recognise them.

I’ve now managed to find a working code plug from Moonraker in the UK, I checked it worked now I’m in excel modifying as you said. I’m saving everything as I go and trying them on the radio to make sure it still works. A very long process but worth it in the end I hope.

The one thing I did notice is that all channels are listed as Group call, I managed to change them to all call on excel but the still show as group calls on transmit. Seems to work still so I’ll leave well alone.

The worst thing is programming personal frequencies and my group has its own repeater which can be a bit temperamental. But there again, it’s digital.

Thanks again for the help.

It’s a pain, isn’t it! Being very honest, I have piles of digital radio kit and I never got the hang of programming the clever features, and some, despite supposedly being compatible, I never got to talk to each other!

It certainly is a pain. I’ve been using analogue since 1981 when programming via the mike was the norm, whilst programming through the computer is much better and easier this dmr caper is a complete unknown.

I’m surprised I’ve managed to get as far as I have. I’ve now got to get the rig to talk to my groups dmr repeater, I know there is a signal being sent and the person I’m trying to talk to can see me transmitting but we can’t hear each other. I think I’ve found the answer, just have to try a bit later this morning.

As you said in an earlier reply, you tube can’t answer everything and very important bits are missed out, but at 70 I’ve managed to work out most things which is great.

You hit an important point. Digital radio has so many different modes, I doubt anyone has a radio that can produce audio from them all. I bought an expensive Whistler - worst product I’ve ever had. It still stops on signals and produces no audio. Hate it!

I think I may have found the problem, I had one of the settings on call group, which I haven’t set up yet, just changed this and will wait till the repeater keeper is up to turn the repeater on and give it a try.

As you said, I read that Icoms won’t receive dmr digital as the audio was very broken, again just needed a setting changed.

I haven’t heard of Whistler, I’m guessing it’s an American brand that hasn’t made it over here yet. I’ll give it a look, but yest being expensive doesn’t mean it’s any good unfortunately.

It’s a well know receiver brand - and the do a had held and a base type scanner gizmo that is actually a nice performing radio, just a sod to programme - not logical. It’s a US brand but plenty of people here use them for monitoring. Handy for checking exactly what your radios are sticking out.

I looked it up yesterday, as you say a receiver and quite expensive.

I haven’t had a receiver since the 70’s when I had a cb radio, took my RAE exam in 81.

My problem is my house although in an estate in a fairly large town is in a bit of a rf black hole. Just one of those things so although I’ve tried hf, I’ve stuck to 2 mtrs and 70 cms. I have managed to have a very quick qso on 4 mtrs which surprised me.

Anyway, I’m making headway on my codeplug which is great. The black magic of dmr is slowly being defeated.

Remember that when you take an exporter CSV, some exports encapsulate everything as strings, rather than strings for alpha numeric fields and non-string for non-alphanumeric fields.

So, using a test known code plug export for radio you’re altering data for, and note what formats are used per exported field.

It’s precisely how you did it when you had to sort out CSV issues when migration between databases was a world class pain.

Also, when editing in spreadsheet, load the CSV‘s in without any suggested corrections, and export/save for destination CPS as plain text CSV only, not opendoc enhanced or msoffice enhanced format (the native choices LibreOffice/OpenOffice/MS Excel wants to use respectively).

Respect the CPS limits, they don’t like anything other than literal standard ordinary CSV files.

I can’t comment on any specific porting, since I only currently use an Anytone DMR set.