Tram Discone Broadband Antenna

I just purchased the following:

Tram Discone Broad Band Base Antenna (25-1300 MHz)
Wouxun KG-UV950P Quad Band Base/Mobile Two Way Radio
Wouxun Mobile Radio USB Programming Cable (PCO-003)
Wouxun Handheld / Mobile Radio Driver and Programming Software
Wouxun SPS30WIN 30A Switching Power Supply with LCD

I am very impressed with the Wouxun radio and PS. I am yet to be impressed by the Tram Discone antenna.

When the products arrived (which, btw, I was VERY impressed with how TwoWayRadio sent them!!) I assembled the antenna without the aid of any type of documentation as there was none. It assembled just fine and I raised the antenna on a 10’ mast on my roof. I go inside and turn on the radio and can pick up very well frequencies I am interested in.

My question/comment is, does anyone know how to tune the antenna? I have read other comments from other purchasers of this antenna that it really doesn’t do what it is advertised to do, and that is, to transmit on the 10m, 6m, 2m, 70cm bands with an SWR not greater than 1.5:1.

The comments all say that the antenna doesn’t work very well on the 6m or 10m or not at all.

Any ideas? Is it a tuning issue? Does anyone have any documentation?

ALSO: Since there was no installation documentation I don’t know if the antenna is supposed to be electrically isolated from the mast. Does anyone know? right now I have an 18"x 1 3/8" galvanized pipe that is attached directly to the attachment point on the antenna, with the coax traveling down the 18" pipe and out the end. This pipe is directly attached to the 10’ mast. It is NOT isolated in any way. The negative portion of the antenna is connected to the mast, guy wires, etc. IS THIS OK? OR SHOULD THE 18" PIPE BE ISOLATED FROM THE REST OF THE MAST?

Many thanks in advance!