The Wouxun KG-Q10G GMRS Handheld Radio with GPS

Episode 183 of The Two Way Radio Show Podcast is all about the new Wouxun Q10G. We talk about this new GMRS portable handheld radio with GPS, IP67 protection from dust and water ingress and the capability to receive on multiple bands.

Comments and feedback are welcome and could get you some swag if they are read on the show!

TWRS-183 - The Wouxun KG-Q10G GMRS Radio With GPS​

Show Notes:
TWRS-183 - The Wouxun KG-Q10G GMRS Radio With GPS (buytwowayradios.com)

I just finished listening to the podcast. You reference the 935G+ multiple times. Is the volume on the Q10G as loud as the 935G+? The increase in volume was a big plus for me between the 935G and 935G+. I was outside cutting wood while listening so I may have missed it. The receiving capability and GPS function on the Q10G really interest me. Thanks again for your podcasts.

Sean

1 Like

One more question about the KG-Q10G: Does it have a fixed antenna?

Interesting question. I’ve never really compared the volume, tbh, and I use both the Q10G and 935G Plus at home. They both deliver ample volume, imho. There can be discernable differences in loudness on radios, but with the exception of a few models that are obviously deemed too quiet or extremely loud, in my experience, volume is often subjective. Aside from the extraneous or ambient noise that may be present in a given environment, the sensitivity and hearing of each individual person also plays a role in whether or not the radio is sufficiently loud.

1 Like

Wouxn has fixed the antenna to the Q10G.

1 Like

Thank you for the answers. Volume is often subjective, however, the increased volume advertised with the 935G Plus over the original 935G is a real thing and was a big selling point for me (I bought two).

Sean

1 Like

I recently purchased a KG-Q10G GMRS radio and the programming cable for it. Let me say at the outset, this is a beautifully designed radio with features and niceties that are almost limitless. HOWEVER, it appears to require a 3 semester hour college course to be able to use it!
Just curious if anyone else has purchased one and any thoughts about it?
In my defense of the situation, I’ve have had very little time to play with it. In fact the programming cable is still in the package
Comments are most WELCOME‼️

Tom WRQE346