Talkabout T800: dual watch feature

Hi,

I have the talkabout T800, and it hasa feature called : Dual watch

What is the purposeof that feature ? and how to use it ? Can I talk to the other channel withouy changing the channel ?

I cannot find ant information about how to use it

Thanks

It’s a feature that allows the radio to scan two channels in sequence. It is not a true dual receive where a radio will scan two channels at the same time; it simply scans one then the other. You program Dual Watch through the menu button. Press menu until “2ch” appears on the screen, then use + or - to program the second channel, press menu again and use + or - to program the correct code for the second channel. Press the PTT, and the screen will alternately scan home channel and dual watch channel.

It doesn’t say this in the manual, but if a transmission is detected on the Dual Watch channel, you should be able to press the PTT within a second or two and transmit back on the Dual Watch Channel. Try it and see if this works.

Note that it is not a true dual receive, so the time you are scanning your second channel, plus the few seconds after it detects a transmission, you will not be able to hear your home channel. It is one of those features that has limited use, and most people rarely use it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info !