Site(s) With Listed Frequencies

Anything other than RadioReference.com. For my area, 99% of the listed frequencies in it are useless and not active. I’ve also got the multiple frequencies on my radio from Better Safe Radio, but even those are mostly quiet.

I’d just like to hear something other than Amateur/GMRS/FRS/MURS. I know police & fire are out of the question, but maybe some chatter with businesses, public services, road crews…anything.

This is an international forum, so it helps if you tell us your location in the world and what kind of radio you are using. If you are using a handheld two-way radio as a scanner, you will not be receiving anything more than a few blocks away.

Many public service, business and company radios are now digital and many use a trunked radio system; both of which can only be monitored by the more expensive scanners.

2 Likes

Sorry about that. Sometimes I forget this forum reaches out past my little neck of the woods.

I’m in S.W. Lower Michigan, USA. I use handhelds currently (Wouxon UV9PX Ham, Baofeng DM1701, and Ailuence HD1).

Yes, I use them as scanners at times, and know that most public service agencies use digital. Personally, after seeing the prices of some of those scanners ($600 up), I’m really not that interested in listening. I just wanted to know if there were any unusual frequencies I could pick up on at times, as even though I am in the Midwest, the vast majority of frequencies listed in radio reference are not active. I could have sworn I saw another site that listed them awhile back, but couldn’t remember its name.