There is one rule of thumb I learn in the 1960鈥檚 on Antenna鈥檚 has not changed. Each foot of Antenna is a mile of range.
飧烩富飧烩富
Please share your rule of Thumb 
David
There is one rule of thumb I learn in the 1960鈥檚 on Antenna鈥檚 has not changed. Each foot of Antenna is a mile of range.
David
Why would you have such a simple rule that is so wrong in the real world. A hundred foot antenna does not mean 100 miles.
It only a rough idea on onnly CB 4 watts
Does work well over 6 foot .
But most do not by a 6 foot antenna.
It is only th help
I use formulaz and factors the give better apoxamation but use over 6 foot too.
It is like guy complainimg his rubber duck doea or the 2 foot antenna on car only getting a few miles.
They do not want to know about formulas they never used even oin high school
Dave
Sorry David, but this is like having a rule for money where you say that if you double the size of your pocket you can carry twice as much money. It assumes so much that mean as a rule, it鈥檚 useless. Your diagrams show exactly why the rule doesn鈥檛 work!
Yes I know .
I use formula because the rule Thumb is off. But not for you or me just simplified for non radio guy it give a idea size to range.
I can get to detailing in antennas and range and found this rule of thumb
that most understand
Dave