Retevis RT29 driver no longer works

Hi All - I’ve got quite a few Retevis RT29’s - UHF versions and I use them for short term hires. Last programmed probably last summer. Today I tried to reprogram them and plugging in the USB cable gives me a ‘not been recognised’ error on windows 10. I have tried 2 more windows 10 machines, with the drivers from the retevis site, and none will work. Googling retevis windows 10 drivers take you mainly to the retevis site and I’ve tried the drivers and none will work. No idea what has changed. The cable is the multipin screw on one - like a mini motorola, and the chipset is in the radio. Plugging in the cable does nothing until you turn the radio on, and then get the beep beep AND the error message.
No idea what is happening. I’ve even dug up a vista machine, downloaded the vista driver and that won’t work either. Device manager shows it as an exclamation mark.
Any suggestions would be great.
Paul

I can’t help with your particular problem, however, our church has four RT21 handsets from years ago but did not have programming software. I purchased 6 more RT21 and a gang charger. The new radios were not purchased directly through Retivis. When programming the old radios and new radios I ran into a situation that was not covered in the programming software. I contacted Retivis through Retevissolutions support email and they were able to help. They sent me a different software that would allow the changes we wanted to make. I was impressed with their speed of reply and the fact that they actually helped. You might send them an email and see what happens.

1 Like

I fixed it with a cable swap - slightly different wiring but same connector, same branding, but just different.

1 Like