RELM WHS 450 In search of cables.

This might not be the right place to ask this, but I know there are enough smart people here that can probably help.

A funny car driver/friend has a two way uhf radio system he uses for racing, a RELM WHS 450 driver to pit set up. Everything is working except that we are in need of the helmet set up to radio. It is a pair of mandibular vibrating speakers, mic, which connect via a male 4 pole stereo size(1/4") plug with a separate ppt cable that mounts to the steering wheel. This connects to a female which connects to the radio via dual plug radio connection.

RELM states it’s obsolete. When I call the old supplier, I get a ***** line and they will talk dirty to me for 9.99 a minute and the guy says he name is Peggy. This isn’t helpful when all I’m looking for are 2 cables.

Any insight or guidance will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Your experience with your old supplier sounds less than helpful! :confused:

Not sure where exactly you are based but there is a company based in Cumbria in the UK (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/) that may be able to offer you some assistance and advise you exactly what cables you need.

Contact details: +44 (0)1900 828 888 / enquiries@m-sport.co.uk

If you were still struggling to get hold of some cables and were interested in investing in a new system I would suggest something like the Kenwood TK-8302.

This system comes with an 8-pin RJ45 connector (similar to your bog standard modem cable), is quite compact – 160mm(L) x 43mm(H) x 112mm(D) – and weighs in at 1.18kg.

Hope you manage to track down those all important cables,

Joss