Radios for dental office

I have a 3000sf dental office. We have used Talkabout T6500’s for the last year or so but feel we need to upgrade to business quality units. We use earbuds with a push to talk mic. Some of my staff complain they are uncomfortable and the sound quality is inconsistent. We have a need for privacy due the medical nature of the our business. Cost is a concern but durability and sound quality are most important. We need 8 radios. Can you give me a recommendation for the radios that might fit our needs?

Thanks for your question. The Motorola CLS series radios are perfect for your situation. We have many dental offices using these models and they are very happy with them. They are very small radios, but are of business quality, designed to be used 8-10 hours a day, everyday. They include lightweight lithium batteries which are usually good for 12 hours on a full charge.

The Motorola CLS1110 would likely suit your needs. This is a basic one channel model. The CLS1410 adds a few features such as 4 channels and vibrate alert.

Both of these radios use business frequencies, which means your conversations are much less likely to be overheard. With GMRS models, like the T6500’s you are using, you will get more interference simply because there are a lot more radio’s out there using the same frequencies. That being said, you should always be careful not to transmit sensitive information over a two way because you there is no guarantee of privacy, regardless of the radio you have. Some models, such as the Motorola XU2600 or the Kenwood TK3200, have a voice scrambling feature. While this adds an extra layer of privacy, it still does not guarantee privacy. Other individuals with the same radio would be able to de-scramble the conversation.

As far as headsets, the XLT EB200-MB1 or the RocketScience BodyGuard-M1 would probably be better for you. Both of these models have an earbud style earpiece, but there is a rubber stabilizer that will hold it in place on your ear. This isn’t as discrete as an earbud, but most people find it more comfortable.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Danny

We have not have good luck with Motorola. Can you give me another recommendation possibly a comparable Kenwood or other brand.

Keep in mind that you would see a difference in radio quality going from a consumer grade model like the T6500 to a business model like the CLS1110. We have many dentist offices as customers and a majority use the Motorola CLS series.

If you would prefer to go with a different brand, the Kenwood TK3130 would do the job. It is not as small as the Motorola CLS radios, but is comperable as far as features and quality.

Danny

It comes down to this, we need one that has good sound quality. Distance coverage is not an issue. We want one that is not heavy, has a quality ear bud piece. We are tired of regularly spending money on replacing the accessory ear bud, and the radios too. We are a dental office and do not use the radios roughly. We would spend a little more on the radios and ear buds if they will last! We would like to have a company that has a good track record with warranty and repairs. Appreciate your advice.

Kenwood is known for their products and you should not have any problem with them.

The earpieces I would suggest is the XLT-SE100-KW1 headset. I would also suggest that you only order 1 of what everytype of headset that you are looking at first so that everyone can have an opion on the headset and you are not stuck with headsets that everyone hates. I have sold these to a number of Dental Practices and they love them.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

just purchase newer models of the same radios you already have. i did and the range is better.