radios for a high school

We have some pretty old radios that we use to communicate with our security, custodial, and administrative staff while out on the grounds of our high school campus. I am looking to replace all of our radios with something newer and more reliable. They must be re-chargable and cost-effective. We’ll need about 20. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Good morning! What kind of range are you looking for? Also, we need to know how big of a school it is… etc…

the range would need to be just a couple miles, if that

our school is about 1/2 a mile from end to end, but it’s hilly

thanks for any help

I am a retired two-way radio dealer with 25 years experience in the business. I would be glad be a free “consultant” on this matter to assist you. Do you have a local dealer? If so, what makes of radios do they sell? You can contact me at dipschitz@yahoo.com.

I would recommend the Icom F14 or F3021, Very durable and reliable, The F14 is great for educators being how it is simple to use yet very reliable. Also very cost effecient, around 2something for each, They have a lil more basic model(the F11) that you could get right at 200. Also the company I work for will offer you a good discount for schools and bulk orders(10+)

get out of here danny boy

If your radios are not FCC approved, then you are wasting your breath… not legal in the USA.

Of course, PMR radios aren’t legal in the USA anyway.

Hello There, we have a new radio we just put out that i think would be perfect for your school, Racing Electronics VICTORY GT-18

Features & What’s Included:

Features:

• 4 Watts
  • 16 Channels
  • CTCSS & DCS
  • 12.5/25 KHZ Channel Spacing
  • Single Priority Scan
  • Battery Saving Feature
  • Low Battery Warning
  • Time-Out Timer
  • Light Weight

Includes:

• Li-Ion Battery
  • 6" Antenna
  • Desktop Rapid Charger
  • Belt Clip
  • Instruction Manual
  • 1 Yr. Warranty

VICTORY GT-18 UHF
4W, 16 Channel, 400-470 MHz

If you have any questions please let me know…

The Motorola Bpr40 is 5 watts or 4 watts, licensed and teachers love them because of the size. email me and I can give some free advise

The BPR 40 is a great little radio.

See here for more info on the BPR 40:
http://www.motorola.com/governmentandenterprise/il/en-us/public/functions/browseproduct/productdetailpage.aspx?navigationpath=id_803i/id_1388i/id_1174i/id_2352i/id_2722i

Motorola Talkabouts radios will work and are cheap and durable. i have gotten an average of 2 miles or more in really hilly areas. they will also allow you to expand with no effort at all.