Password on Motorola DP3400

Hi people new here…I have got a Motorola DP3400 UHF that i bought second-hand. I went to my local radio suppliers Zycomm to have the radio programmed to pubwatch. ( I did get the permission from the local authority to do this). However unfortunately I was told that there is a password and therefore it could not be program to the frequency. I have tried to contact the person it was purchased from but not having a lot of luck. Please tell me that I have not brought a radio that is no good to me
Thanks
Pete

I thought Motorola dealers could do a full reset on the radios. I know that Kenwood, that I’m more familiar with have two versions of the software - one is for customer programming, but there is a service version that allows unlocking and passwords to be removed or reset. I’d have assumed Motorola could do the same?

It depends. If the dealer has the software for that particular model, and the software allows it, the dealer may be able to reset the password. If not, your only options may be to obtain the password from the previous owner or try to locate the programming software to do it yourself. This is one of the risks when purchasing a used radio.

We are an authorized Motorola dealer, however do not carry that model, so we do not have the programming software for it.

I Believe that the password can be read using wireshark to view the data on the programing lead … don’t know how successful it can be maybe worth a google obviously the lead and Motorola cps will be required

. hope this helps