new one in forum need help !!!

hello.

i dont know what to buy…

COBRA HH330 float second hand but in excellent condition used couple times in 70$
or NEW in box standart horizon HX500s in same price.

many thanks for helpers…

Welcome to the forums!

When it comes to purchasing anything used, you are taking a chance. This is certainly true when it comes to radios. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter which model you go with if it doesn’t work when you get it.

All things being equal, it really depends on how you plan to use it and what you really need. VHF Marine radios are specifically intended for use on water, so most will have standard features for maritime operation.

There are a lot of choices out there and everyone may have their own personal recommendations. You will probably be happier with a choice that is yours.

We have a lot of resources to help navigate through the sea of choices. Here are a few.

Getting Started with Marine Radios

The Two Way Radio Show TWRS-16 - An Introduction to Marine Radios -This is an in-depth discussion on the basics of marine radios and the types of radios available.

A Radio for my Boat, Part 1

A Radio for my Boat, Part 2

A Radio for my Boat, Part 3

any moor answer ???

I like the Cobra HH330 over the HX500s for sure. The HH330 has some nice features and is a new model. Definitely take a good look at the condition though. Rick is right about the uncertainties about buying used stuff, and the warranty is always an issue once something has changed hands.