My stuff is so old, like Me

Howdy All,

Fred here. I retired, my birthday is today, so I pulled out all my radio stuff from the 70s and 80s. I have two Uniden radios, a Grant and One no one seems to know what it was. My masting and rotor are from Rad Shack in the 80s. No making a beam yet, so it can stay with the dust and spiders.

This all is going on top of the house until I can build proper antennas.

In the picture, is my rad shack 5 foot mast, with a very old “Dominator” coil antenna. Below it is my FM antenna.

My question is. Will the FM radials act like a ground plane tho they are only 66 inches across. Or will it throw the SWR off? I can always remove it, and put it on the other end of the house.

This all fits on a 20 foot Rad Shack pole. Which I have to grind out all the rust where the two join.

As soon as Amazon gets my coax here, I will go live. With the unknown radio.

It passed the bench test, The Grant has a amplifier drift (not Linear) the one inside the radio, so it has to go to a tech to get that 50 years old piece replaced.