Motorola T80 won't transmit


First of all I hope I’m in the right forum.

I purchased 4 Motorola T80 walkie-talkies last year and they worked perfectly until recently.

Now, one of the units won’t transmit. When I press the transmit button, it emits a continuous beep and the channel number is flashing. The other units work fine on the same channel. The battery is fully charged.

I couldn’t find anything in the manual or online.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I’m not familiar with that model, but from what I can tell the T80 seems to be a PMR446 walkie talkie similar to the Motorola Talkabout T400 FRS/GMRS Radio we carry here in the US.

Even if the battery shows a full charge, if it is weak or damaged it may not be able to handle the power draw to transmit when you press the PTT. Try swapping the battery with one from another radio. If it resolves the issue, your battery may need to be replaced. If not try the next step.

Clear out all CTCSS and DCS codes, Group Mode, direct call, and call tones on the radios. If the radio transmits, it was a programming issue. If not, you may need to contact the Motorola support line in your country.

I had the same problem.

When I press the transmit button, it emits a continuous beep and the channel number is flashing.

Solution : There might be a malfunction in Builtin Mic, i plugged in the Headset and it resumed working normally, hence somehow the mic got damaged.

Use the Headset.

Thanks to Far Adventures for posting this solution. It took me a hole day to find this hint (perhaps it?s the only one).
As mentioned above the problem is the built in mic. I wanted to test the mic and opened the T80. When I removed the mic (soldering iron is needed) I saw that one soldering point at the body of the mic was left blank ? the mic itself is working but has a bad contact without the missing soldering point. Adding this point solved the misbehaviour of the T80. Perhaps this is a planned obsolescence point. I hope this helps.

Dudes I write the post so it can be useful to some.
Just re-solder the microphone on the board and the problem is solved