Motorola MU350R transmit power?

I’m intrigued by the new Motorola MU350R radios, for pairing with a motorcycle helmet bluetooth, such as the units from UClear, Scala, Sena, and so on. But I did not find (or completely overlooked) an output power rating for them. How do they compare in this respect to the Midland GXT1000 radios?

As an aside, it looks like the MU350Rs still use the same Motorola swivel clip. Am I correct? I’ve had the pin latch fail on a number of these clips over the years, and wish they’d go with something more robust.

Thanks, guys. Love the podcast!

I’ve had the pin latch fail on a number of these clips over the years, and wish they’d go with something more robust.

worthy suggestion and must be considered

Thanks for the feedback!

According to the FCC grant certificate, the MU350R has 0.392 output watts on FRS and 1.556 watts on GMRS. Keep in mind that this is based on the specific prototype unit tested at the time. It is not uncommon for the production units to have a higher wattage.

I would say the GXT1000 is still higher wattage, but the difference in wattage would need to more than double to have a significant impact on an overall performance comparison between these radios.

I would be more interested in wondering if the antenna on one is better tuned for the frequencies than the antenna on the other. I think that would have more impact on performance than the wattage.

As for the belt clip, it’s essentially the same as the belt clips on the other Talkabout radios. I agree, it is one thing Motorola could definitely improve on. However, XLT does make a replacement belt clip for these radios that is the same quality but a lot less expensive, especially when purchased in multi-packs.