Midland or motorola?

I’m looking for reliable, durable, radio for paintball games.
I was thinking about Midland GXT-800-VP4 Radios With Headsets and Charger.
But maybe some motorola model would be better? What do you think?

I like the Midland GXT-800-VP4 better for range/power, but for paintball you may have other concerns as well. When we get questions from paintball players, often they are also asking about accessories like a surveillance mic or a throat mic. If accessories like this are a concern, then you may want to consider a Motorola model, like the T9500XLR. Historically, Motorola has been by far the most popular brand when it comes to consumer radios, so they have the largest accessory selection and there are more aftermarket companies making accessories for their radios.

Thank you Danny.
Just one more question… is Motorola as waterproof radio as Midland? Or Midland in this case is more superior? Also for throat mic I won’t be able to get one to work with Midland?

The Motorola T9500XLR is “water resistant”. This typically means that they will handle a light rain, but no guarantees past that. They are definitely not as waterproof as the Midland GXT800VP4.

Midland doesn’t make throat mic’s, and I haven’t seen any aftermarket companies that make them for Midland radios.

hmm…I think it should work: http://www.iasus-concepts.com/nt/compatibility.htm
and this one:
http://www.ixcessory.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=I&Category_Code=XTM880D4

I own several different models of Midland and Motorola 2-way radios. Ive found the Midland to be far superior to the Motorola. The Midland has much better clarity and is more durable. Midland has much better warranty support and customer support. The only Motorola radios I havent had problems with
are my old 250s. I had problems from the start with the T9500, as with my other Motorolas. And try getting warranty service from Motorola...what a joke! Ive had only one problem with a Midland GXT400…Midland quickly
replaced BOTH radios…no problems. I`ll never buy another Motorola.

I own several different models of Midland and Motorola 2-way radios. Ive found the Midland to be far superior to the Motorola. The Midland has much better clarity and is more durable. Midland has much better warranty support and customer support. The only Motorola radios I havent had problems with
are my old 250s. I had problems from the start with the T9500, as with my other Motorolas. And try getting warranty service from Motorola...what a joke! Ive had only one problem with a Midland GXT400…Midland promptly
replaced BOTH radios…no problems. I`ll never buy another Motorola.