Microphones with CB/button holder

Hi I’m looking for a microphone with a K1 plug that also has a CB/button-style connector on the back. I have a mic holder in my car that’s this style. But all K1 ham/gmrs mics seem to have clips. Why is this? Is there an adapter option?

The reason hand/speaker mics with K1 type connectors have clips is simply because those connectors are generally used for portable handheld radios. Those mics are designed to clip at the hip or shoulder. Mobile radios don’t use K1 or other connectors on handheld radios, at least I am not aware of one that does.

As for adapters, there are a few out there, but they are designed for the different types of connectors used on handheld radios, not mobiles. For instance, there are adapters to convert a multi-pin Motorola or Icom to a one or two-pin Kenwood audio accessory.

Your best option is to find a mic holder to mount in your vehicle that you can clip the hand mic onto. It is also possible to clip the mic to a visor, although I don’t personally recommend it. Locating and installing a mic holder that will accommodate a belt or shoulder clip is probably your easiest and most economical option.

Yep makes sense why the K1 makes have clips. The clips just don’t work that well in a vehicle. And I hate picking up the radio from a cup holder.

So if I got a proper mobile 50w radio the mic it comes with will have a cb/button mount?

As a general rule, yes. The mobiles were designed for use in vehicles, so the speaker mics for them are made to hook onto mic hangers.

I do not know what model of radio you have but are making voice operator.

I would post here and ask

Dave