Kenwood TK-3202L-U16P real world wattage

Kenwood TK-3202L-U16P Two-way Radio any fcc info on this radio ? what is the real world erp out put of the wattage of this unit ?? i would like to have them programed for gmrs usage only any info would help thanks .thay say 4 watts but what the truth ?? will thay out talk the new 900 cobra??? bulletproof

That is a commercial radio.

it is my understanding that Kenwood TK-3202L-U16P radio can be programmed to transmit on GMRS frequencies is this true?? and what is the real output wattage ?? is it a true erp 4 watts of out put? or dose the fcc say it is less than a true 4 watts ?? i would like to know what the fcc said about this radio ?? like other gmrs twoway radios that say 5watts and only put out 2or3 watts poor range , what i want to do is program a Kenwood TK-3202L-U16P to transmit on gmrs channels for max range can any one tell me what the fcc is saying the real out put of the Kenwood TK-3202L-U16P bulletproof

i know it is ,i need to know if the erp is a true 4 watts ?? bulletproof :smiley:

Regardless… if it is a 4 watt radio, the range will not improve without a high quality gain antenna.

Also… commercial equipment is rated typically at TPO… Transmitter Power Output… BEFORE any antenna loss… or gain… not ERP.

You could end up spending a lot of money on equipment, programming, and still not get what you are looking for.

You may want to post an entirely new thread, asking for what exactly you are looking for insofar as rangwe and perfomance and go from there.

thank you for your help , i have reposted :Dbuttetproof