Kenwood K2 Adaptor

Hello,

I have a question about adapting a headset connector to work with other radios.

I have a Peltop Headset with PTT button and mic. It has a Kenwood K2 connector on it and I want to somehow convert that into a 2 pin male (2.5mm Speaker, 3.5mm Mic). Is this possible? what would I need. It doesn’t have to directly convert to a 2 pin multiple connectors would work if needed.
I still need the PTT button and mic to work.

Thanks,
Provost

To which radio? There are multiple 2-pin connectors on the market and they are not always compatible. They are not always compatible even within the same make. One would have to know the make and model of radio you were wanting to use.

Once you know the make and model, search for adapters. (They don’t likely exist though. Most professional users feel it is time to upgrade headsets when they do new radios anyway. It is also rare to see adapters that go from one make to a completely different make.)

Another option with the Peltor tactical headsets is ordering a new PTT. If that is the one you are using, the headset plugs in to the PTT and the PTT goes to the radio. You order PTT separately, based on the radio. (Peltor once even rewired a PTT for me to use a connector they did not yet carry.)

If all else fails, you can get a radio shop to rewire to a new connector. Again, you need to know the make and model of the radio you want to plug them into and they will need the wiring diagrams but it can be done. If this is a headset you bought used off an airsoft gamer and don’t want to pay the price for a new PTT or they don’t make a PTT for your radio, this is about the only option.

Thank you for your reply.

It is for a set of cheap Baofeng UV-5R radios.

Thanks