I know what I need just don't know what it's called or if they make it

My husband just bought a can am. I am looking for an earpiece with a radio, that we can listen to the radio, but can also talk to each other. He doesnt want a bulky headset, nor bluetooth. I would prefer, if there is such a thing that when we speak it overrides the radio so he wouldn’t have to push a button while he drives. Can anyone tell me if there is such a product and what it would be called? Any recommendations?
Thanks for any help.

Just wanted to let anyone that might have the same issue as me. I found out what I am looking for is called a VOX. Although I am still looking for a decent one.