HYS 25 WATT HT does anyone have one?

Does anyone have a HYS 25 watt HT?

Can you imagine the size of the battery required to power that thing for more than just a few minutes? Might have to put wheels on it.

It comes with a 4000 mah battery. Which wouldn’t last long on 25 watts. It can go 5 or 10 watts too.

SAR could be an issue. I have been in a QSO in the past on the 440 ham band with a 4W UHF handheld and noticed my eyes starting to itch after a couple of minutes. I don’t think I would want that much RF power (25W) driving an antenna close to my head. In FCC terminology, a handheld is referred to as a “body worn transmitter, held to face.”

It says not to hold it to close to your body lol. I’ll probably use it in the truck more than anything

Glad that’s at least UHF… That way only some of that RF will bounce around in the truck cab like a microwave oven :smiley:

Why not just get a mobile if using in a truck? My arms aren’t long enough to hold that at a distance where I could still talk clearly and feel safe at the same time. Are you planning to run an antenna outside the truck and use it like a mobile? That wouldn’t be too bad if they make a decent 12v adapter to keep it powered I suppose.

Yes i have an outside mag mount. Now if I could just figure out how to program it