How to use dtmf codes to contole qyt kt-8900

Hi
I WANT TO USE BAOFENG UV5-RA TO STUN AND REVIVE QYT KT-8900. THE MANUALS IS OF NO USE.
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP
REGARDS

I think we’re stumped. I thought the stun and revive facility used a manufacturer specific data word to do this. I’ve no idea how you could initiate this on a Baofeng - it doesn’t have this facility, does it?

Hi
The Baofeng can send DTMF tones, it’s just difficult to program QYT to understand codes.
Baofeng strugle to send tones automatically but it should work manualy?
I’m still struggeling to get it to work, any help?
Regards
SP

I have both of these in my workshop. It’s never occurred to me that what you want to do is even possible. Are you saying the stun facility is done by DTMF codes in a sequence? None of this is even mentioned in the manual - are you certain the TYT has a stun feature? The TYT works fine on 2 tone or 5 tone systems - where are you getting the info that there is remote stun?

Hi
The manual of the upgraded QYT KT-8900 on page 21 give some info.
If what I want to do is possible by any other meens, I would like to know how to do it. I was experimenting with dtmf for starters.
The QYT KT-8900’s manual is not helpful. Have you done tomething similar?
I would realy like to pick your brain about this.
regards
SP

I’ve got confused I saw 8900 and my brain said TYT 9800 - so I’m talking rubbish. If I read the bit about remote stun and kill in the manual you mention it suggests it needs a code stuck in via the software - have you tried this? I’m guessing you enter a code and then send that code from the Baofeng? Does that not work?

Hi
I can send code ota and I can hear tones on QYT but it does not kill the radio. I used software as far as what I can make out what needs to happen, but nothing happins?
Any idea how qyt should be programmed?
SP

I read it that you enter a code in the qyt software then send that code. Are you sure you have done this. What code is in the radio? On icoms it’s just a code you add into the stun kill or revive menus then you send that code. Maybe it needs a certain number of digits. Unless you explain exactly what you have tried how can we help?

in chirp settings tab advanced you can see the default codes for stun and kill in the 8900d (i’ve killed mine accidentally a couple times) you can also change the code for the radio from default