Help needed connecting Talkabout T82 to T800

Good day all.

I just received my T82 Extreme, and am trying to get them to work with my T800 devices. Even though the codes are the same, just cannot seem to get them to work together.

You don’t say where you are in the world, but the T800 series provides me with USA FRS frequencies, but all my attempts on the T82, bring me to motorola’s UK and EU pages and our frequencies. Stupid thought, but is this model available in the US? If I go to the US site and enter T82, I get directed to Germany? If you bought via Amazon, or direct from China, then you may well have mixed market gear with different frequencies in them!

Yeah I think you spot on. I bought these on eBay from Poland, so I’m guessing these won’t have the same frequencies as the T800? There’s no workaround?

I have heard that there is programming software for them, but I’ve never found anyone who has it - so sadly, I suspect you have the European PMR446 frequency set.

How can I find out what the frequency set is for my T800’s to make sure my next purchase is compatible?

The manual that came with it lists that particular frequency set, but I guess you’ll need a scanner or other receiver/radio to double check. Do you have any of the original paperwork, boxes or even the invoice - that could be a clue. The snag is that pretty much all radios of this type are regional, but with the sources often being international, a receiver of some kind will be needed. Sometimes there are other clues inside or hidden - The US tend to have FCC labels that show the type of service they have been designed for. A CE label might suggest European compliance, but it’s guess work without a radio to confirm the frequency.

The Talkabout T800 is an FRS radio, so it uses the FRS frequencies shared with the GMRS in the US. The list of FRS and GMRS Frequencies is available here.

You can also find them listed in the T800 manual, which is available under the Downloads tab here.

The wierd thing, Rick, is that there are some UK retailers (including Amazon) who aree selling the FRS spec T800 radios here - they’re illegal on those frequencies here. It’s a regional nightmare that should be controlled. Some retailers are not radio retailers, but general electronics, but nobody seems to prevent their sale here?