Hello from Winnetka, CA

I’m in a suburb of Los Angeles. I’m a recent HAM and GMRS licensee. I have 3 radios currently, a Tidradio TD H8, TD H3 and a QRZ-1 Explorer. The H8 is vhf/uhf 2m and 70cm and has a GMRS mode. The H3 is 6 band including the air band and FM broadcast. it’s also 2m and 70cm and some frequencies in the 200 mhz range, I don’t know a lot about the QRZ radio as I haven’t had a chance to program it. The TD H8 and the H3 are Bluetooth programable with ODMaster Software and web page. I’m learning a lot from this Forum and hope to be able to contribute as well.

Welcome. There is a lot of good information here. The TD radios you have seem to be very popular these days.

Yeah they finally got them right. I have a Boafeng 10w as well but I don’t have the faith in it that I do in the TD’s

I am new here also. I lived in Winnetka for 43 years until we moved to Idaho 3 years ago. It was a nice place to live but we could not afford to retire there. I am also new to radio. I have just started with GMRS and am working towards a HAM license. Currently have two TD H3 GMRS radios and a Wouxun KG-Q10G and are learning how to use them. What part of Winnetka are you in?? We were on Gazette at Saticoy.