Hello from Central Florida

Hello everyone,
I just got my Baofeng UV-5R. I started with a CB but no ones out there so I thought Id try this. Looking forward to learning about 2 way radios and ham.

Any suggestions on next steps? Thanks in advance.

Before you program any frequencies into that radio, you need to get an Amateur Radio license. A license is REQUIRED to transmit at all with this radio. The radio can only be programmed with frequencies you are authorized to transmit on.

Please ask any questions in the Amateur radio Sub forum.

This is a good site to research Amateur (ham) radio.


Welcome to the site :slight_smile: