Greetings fellow radio enthusiasts!

Based near the Va/WV border in the Appalachian Mountains. I have a Tech Class Amateur licence, an avid scanner, and CB capability.

I live in a very small town, in a very sparsely populated county. My main interest is in emergency comms networking. This includes natural events, asset logistics, news and info, and unusual man-made conditions.

My capabilities at present consist of: Base - Scanner, 25W 2M, and non-amped 40ch CB - Mobile: HH Trunk-Tracking Scanner /w ext. ant., HH Cobra 38-WXST CB w/ ext. ant., and Beofung dual-band HH Ham w/ ext. ant. in a 4WD vehicle. Currently working on getting the base antennae up, and getting temp mobile setup a bit less temp. My 25W 2M can be used mobile.

I have scouted a 3900’ mountaintop on GoogleEarth that I should be able to get to in 30-45 min, but have not physically checked it out yet.

Any members from Alleghany County, Va., Botetourt County, Va., Craig County, Va., or Monroe County, WV. with similar interests are welcome to contact me directly.

Greetings! Welcome to the forum!

Nice to have you hear buckethead i do hope we can even learn alot from you, here.

Thanks! I appreciate the welcome, and hope I can contribute to, and learn from this forum,