GMRS noob in NJ USA

Greetings crew!
All I have (so far) are a pair of Tidradio HT-H8 radios running the GMRS firmware.
My interests in GMRS are keeping in touch with family members while on camping trips.
I also have a couple of CB radios for when I’m on the road, but that’s understandably NOT what I use when trying to have a sane conversation with my family members.

• One question though: Where’s the Off Topic section?
    You know, the place to carry-over discussions when they stray from the original topic but are still worthy of continuing discussion.
    Thanks all!:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jake,
I have the same radio. Let me know if you have any great input to pass along. I’ve down loaded all the groovy app software and ODmaster computer jazz, but I’m still confused a bit with the how to tap into a repeater.

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, yes, there are off-topic categories. Click Categories on the left sidebar and it will give you a list of categories in the forum. Click All Categories on that list and it will take you to the complete list of categories. There are two on the list that may be of interest to you, Other Topics and Uncategorized.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!
At this point I pretty much worked thru all my own issues. I have three HT-H8’s and no problems. The more I tinker the more I have figured out.
Regards,
Jake.