Freeware ht programming software

I have a BaoFeng model UV-5RA HT. When I got the programming cable I was still running Win 7 Home 32bit on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541. I now have Win 10 Home 32bit on my laptop. My room mates son was playing with the HT while I was in the hospital and hit menu #. 40, factory reset. Anyways I can’t find the driver CD that came with the programming cable. I Have found the English version of the programming software with driver in the Win 7 Home 32bit. And I found the Win 10 Home 32bit in Chinese. Will the Win 7 version work on Win 10 without messing things up?

frankly don’t see the problem , plug the cable in win 10 should detect it and load the prolific drivers automatically if not go online and you will find them all over the place as for the software itself just download the latest chirp version and away you go maybe this will help a little https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MRnpORAKfQ

I finely got the right driver loaded up for the interface cable. Chirp is able to to up load the memory. But Chirp only sees memory bank (A). This ht has 2 independent memory banks. Chirp doesn’t see memory bank (B). Also Chirp doesn’t see ether of the 2 VFO channels. How do I fix this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OQVNp89f-8 try following this chirp does not need to see the vfo you get a screen like a spread sheet you fill in your requirements the number on the left is the channel number so once uploaded to the radio just select the channel in the spred sheet you get the option to name the channel also so you can give say a repeater something like GB3LO (name of an old london unit) and so on

That youtube was for the UV-5R not UV-5RA that I have. The only thing I took away from that video would be that the #1 line in Chirp is the #1 spot in the (A) memory on the radio and #2 on line in Chirp is the #1 in the (B) memory. What do you think? I am going to try that idea out. I will let you know the out come.

From Tim g6byr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OQVNp89f-8 try following this chirp does not need to see the vfo you get a screen like a spread sheet you fill in your requirements the number on the left is the channel number so once uploaded to the radio just select the channel in the spred sheet you get the option to name the channel also so you can give say a repeater something like GB3LO (name of an old london unit) and so on

Steve, you are making more of this than necessary. You program using the line numbers as a channel number then you decide how you want to allocate those channels personally I use a mem for all preprogrammed channels and the b for vfo to enter new frequencies but you can chose whatever and as for the video it tells you it is for both the 5r and the 5ra in fact at the beginning he shows and tells you it is his 5ra frankly you need to watch it all programme all the channels you are likely to want into the grid and use the a/b buttons to select different channel numbers for example put all your uhf channels in the first 16 lines on the grid and the vhf in the next 16 or however many you have of each then select using A the first 16 and B the next 16 and so on, only you can decide that I cannot see how much more help any of us could give there is plenty of stuff online which is how most of us have learned to do this sort of thing. Good luck.

In directory entry mode on the ht, not via Chirp. I got entered in memory bank (A) ch 145.405 - minus on the offset, ctcs 100hz. On the top line on the ht display. but it doesn’t display the frequency. Just “CH-001”. How do I change it? The manual that came with the radio sucks.