FCC license for consumer radios

Ho do I go about requesting an FCC license for our 2 way radio use?


What type of radios do you have?

Jennifer Packer


Thank youu both for replying! I own a pair of cobra cxt280!

jbaps, if you are in the US, you don’t need a license to operate on FRS channels (8-14). If you operate the radios on GMRS channels you will need a GMRS license. You will need to apply for one at the FCC.

For an in-depth discussion on GMRS licensing, give a listen to The Two Way Radio Show Episode 6 - GMRS Radio Licensing.