DP1400 MOTOTRBO Emergency mode

Hi,
Hoping someone here can help! I’m new to the world of radios. I’m in the UK as I know there are a lot of differences between Europe/US models.

I have a bunch of second hand Motorola DP1400 digital UHF radios. I have the CPS 2.0 and have successfully cloned them to the sample codeplug. I’ve set them up with my frequency and that all seems fine.

My ideal setup was 2 separate channels with a 3rd channel for emergency use. When anyone on any channel pressed the emergency button, every radio on both channels would receive the emergency alert and migrate to channel 3. However, I believe that isn’t possible so I’ve given up on that idea.

I have seen that talkgroups are an option, but I wanted my users to be able to move between channel 1 and 2 throughout the day and it looks like talkgroups are programmed into the radios so that wouldn’t work.

So I resigned myself to everyone being on one channel, and have removed everything from the codeplug apart from channel 1. I’ve got the emergency mode working, but I can’t turn it off!

I have programmable button 1 set up for short press = emergency on and long press = emergency off.

When I turn it on, it transmits the emergency signal until such time as another radio presses PTT. However, the radio that has sent the emergency signal will receive the transmission from the other radio, but as soon as they have stopped speaking, the emergency tone continues to play from every other radio.

This is what I am trying to achieve:

Radio 1: user presses emergency on
Radio 1, 2 and 3 (and more) all emit emergency tone
Radio 2 presses PTT and sends a message
All radios receive the message
Emergency mode ends and all radios revert to normal

This is what is currently happening
Radio 1: user presses emergency on
Radio 1, 2 and 3 (and more) all emit emergency tone
Radio 2 presses PTT and sends a message
All radios receive the message
Radio 3 (and more) continues to emit emergency tone