Boafeng uv5r programing 1

For goodness sake! that is for membership of the Society. It is not a licence, because you can listen to the radio without any worries. It’s good you voluntarily joined the Society - but you seem very confused on what exactly they do! The callsign they issue is one that identifies you to them and other members. The RSGB do the same thing here in the UK but it is NOT a licence, it’s like the guys who do DX on CB or other frequencies, their organisation gives you a number. I have a DMR ID, but that’s not a licence either. When your Government issue you a callsign it’s on a document that says ‘licence’ at the top. Your Government issue radio licences in these categories. The do NOT issue non-transmitting licenses. This is the same in all signatory members of the EU. ALL the requirements relate to transmitting equipment. In England we had to have a licence for a car radio to listen to The BBC until the 1960’s. I’m wasting my breath I suspect - but you’re very confused by this all. Strictly speaking a licence is required for a number of protected services, but I’m not aware any have ever been issued. Short Wave Listening is not a licensable activity, nor is broadcast listening.

Main Types of Licence

• CEPT Class 1 / CEPT Class 2

• Visiting Ireland / Reciprocal Licences
TR/61-01 Signatories

  • non Novice or Intermediate Licence
  • EI/ home call-sign
  • no longer than 3 months

Non TR/61-01 Signatories

  • = 3 Months <= 1 Year

  • licence must be seen to be equivalent or reciprocal to TR/61-01 Signatories
  • non Novice or Intermediate Licence

For more information please refer to the Amateur Station Licence Guidelines R4.


The fees payable for an Amateur Station Licence are:

  • New Application €100*
  • Licence Amendment €30

*A €30 fee is applicable if you are aged 65 or over or in receipt of disability allowance or pension

Sorry if I am comeing across rong I only telling you what I am being told and that my swl license ticket is on the way and I have received letter from them telling me I am licensed to listen on any radio and frequency if you get me I not saying that I am licensed to transmit only to listen

No it’s fine - but you can listen straight away to what’s called ‘authorised transmissions’ - so your activities relate to bands the society are linked to. Amateur radio is in very tightly controlled bands, and hams must not transmit anywhere else. So your society will process any QSL cards sent from you to hams all over the world as part of your membership. PMR446 is licence free, the same as the few wireless mic frequencies. Some chunks of bandwidth set apart by international agreement. You actually can’t get a licence to just listen to it - as they don’t exist. The document you will get from the National Society is all about ham bands, and ham bands are free to listen to in every country who have signed up for the International Convention. Your society can’t for example tell you it’s OK to listen to marine band, because they have nothing to do with it, and oddly, our OFCOM will give you VHF marine licence for free at the moment, BUT, while you have the licence you need to do a course and take a test. I have a marine licence, and have had it for years, despite never taking the test - which I’m actually doing next month. So you could apply for a marine licence and then be totally legit listening to ships!

This is very important information for me and to were I stand in regards to this matter very helpful to me and put me in the right direction on all of this and I am only starting off with this and for what you are after telling me from this I going to look alot more into this and the onl
y reason I was looking to program this radio to my mate one which is a Kenwood radio thanks